Hypertherm Cheapskates

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
8Ball
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Hypertherm Cheapskates

Post by 8Ball »

My request and exchanges with Hypertherm. I’m done doing business with them.

I’m sure this won’t get posted either.

Hi:

I own the Hypertherm Powermax 85. I’d like a banner to fly on the rear wall of my new shop and would like Hypertherm to supply the banner.
Free advertising for Hypertherm.

Good morning,

Thanks for taking the time to write us and letting us know you are using our Powermax85 system. I’ve attached a link to our company store for you to look at the banners we have available, I’m sorry to say we will not be able to donate one to you but you are more than welcome to purchased if you find one you like.

I spend over $4,000 on your product and the cheapskates at Hypertherm can’t donate a banner? You want me to spend another $91.00 on a banner?

I’ve set up a return/refund for the Hypertherm Powermax 85 I purchased.

Not one good word of advertising from me.
Millermatic 252
Miller Syncrowave 351
Hypertherm Powermax 85
lockeyone
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: Hypertherm Cheapskates

Post by lockeyone »

That sounds like something I would be pimping/leaning on my local supplier for one and not direct from Hypertherm.
Table 4'x4', BladeRunner EtherCut 620 LINUX w/CommandCNC
Hypertherm 65 CPC/RS485 Machine torch 2016
BobCad router 50"x50" MACH3 2kw spindle 2003
Shoptask Eldorado cnc MACH3, 1999
Epilog Mini 24 60watt, 2013
Vectric Aspire CoralDraw x6 SheetCam
8Ball
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by 8Ball »

I called Hypertherm Corporate and was transferred from extension to extension because nobody could answer the question why Hypertherm is willing to sacrifice over $4k actually over $6k with accessories in sales for $91.00.
Millermatic 252
Miller Syncrowave 351
Hypertherm Powermax 85
IBBruin
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by IBBruin »

lockeyone wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:34 am That sounds like something I would be pimping/leaning on my local supplier for one and not direct from Hypertherm.
Yep
Darryl

Gorilla 48x48
PM 65
Aspire 9.015
8Ball
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by 8Ball »

Was told to contact Hypertherm directly
Millermatic 252
Miller Syncrowave 351
Hypertherm Powermax 85
SegoMan DeSigns
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by SegoMan DeSigns »

I hit them up for their art files once to make stickers for my 1250 cart, they said no way on the files but sent stickers instead. So I scanned / digitized them and made my own files. :Yay
P7040083.jpg
P7040053.jpg
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

Hypertherm is the manufacturer and sells 100% of its products through welding supply distributors and through OEM cutting machine builders. They are not set up to deal directly with end users, never have been and never will. Though it sounds like you have given up on your quest for a free banner, I would strongly suggest that you make the same request at the dealer that you bought the system from. They have promotion and advertising funds (that come from Hypertherm) that can be used almost any way they want. The dealers advertise and promote, Hypertherm the factory does not. I worked for Hypertherm for about 41 years...and that is the way promotions are normally handled.

Now, if you have a few dozen prospective buyers going through your shop on a weekly basis, then you may have a great convincing argument for all kinds of promotional stuff, maybe even getting the Hypertherm district sales manager to show up with an equipment demo trailer for a few days! Let me know if I can help you with your dealer, or if you are just going to give up and send the Hypertherm system back. My email is jim.colt@comcast.net . I would need your location so I can get the local Hypertherm sales rep involved. Jim Colt

8Ball wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:19 am My request and exchanges with Hypertherm. I’m done doing business with them.

I’m sure this won’t get posted either.

Hi:

I own the Hypertherm Powermax 85. I’d like a banner to fly on the rear wall of my new shop and would like Hypertherm to supply the banner.
Free advertising for Hypertherm.

Good morning,

Thanks for taking the time to write us and letting us know you are using our Powermax85 system. I’ve attached a link to our company store for you to look at the banners we have available, I’m sorry to say we will not be able to donate one to you but you are more than welcome to purchased if you find one you like.

I spend over $4,000 on your product and the cheapskates at Hypertherm can’t donate a banner? You want me to spend another $91.00 on a banner?

I’ve set up a return/refund for the Hypertherm Powermax 85 I purchased.

Not one good word of advertising from me.
motoguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by motoguy »

I believe this is called "cutting off your nose to spite your face".
Bulltear 6x12 w/ Proton Z axis & watertable
CommandCNC/Linux w/ Ohmic & HyT options
Hypertherm Powermax 85 w/ machine torch
Solidworks, Coreldraw X7, Inkscape, Sheetcam
8Ball
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by 8Ball »

motoguy wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 5:13 pm I believe this is called "cutting off your nose to spite your face".
You’re entitled to and I respect your opinion. When $91.00 takes priority over a $6,000. Sale regardless of what company the items were purchased from then that in and of itself is telling. I was directed through email to Hypertherm online store to purchase the banner for $91.00. Customer service and customer does NOT appear to be a priority to Hypertherm.
They can keep their banner and the POS company will be getting their items back.

This isn’t going to impact Hypertherm at all, they obviously couldn’t give a shit anyways.

Bottom line is it’s my face and my nose, i’ll Do as I choose with it.
Millermatic 252
Miller Syncrowave 351
Hypertherm Powermax 85
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by beefy »

motoguy wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 5:13 pm I believe this is called "cutting off your nose to spite your face".
I'm afraid I've got to agree with that. From:
I am the proud owner of a Hypertherm Powermax 85.
to this, all over not being supplied a banner, and thus RETURNING the product.

But indeed, we're all entitled to our ways of thinking.
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019
8Ball
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by 8Ball »

It’s not about the BANNER.

IT’S ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE AND CUSTOMER SATISFACTION. HYPERTHERM’S BOTTOMLINE WAS HERE’S THE LINK TO THE ONLINE STORE BUY THE BANNER FOR ANOTHER $91.00.

I’VE LOST NOTHING IN THIS. I WILL BE MADE WHOLE AGAIN AND I’LL PURCHASE ANOTHER PLASMA SYSTEM.
Millermatic 252
Miller Syncrowave 351
Hypertherm Powermax 85
BTA Plasma

Post by BTA Plasma »

Dont worry about a no. We have multiple congressman coming to our facility and Haas said no to a banner. Milltronics is proud to support and we love the product. But we wont be sending a million dollars in Haas machines back over a banner. We need their USA made technology
Casaba
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Casaba »

Haha...

This thread has so much awesome that it cannot be measured!

I would suggest some desitin
8Ball
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by 8Ball »

Desitin because you’re an ass?
Millermatic 252
Miller Syncrowave 351
Hypertherm Powermax 85
djreiswig
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by djreiswig »

Whomever you choose for your next plasma system, I recommend you ask about getting a free banner before you purchase. If getting free advertising material, and not equipment quality, is your deciding factor, your choices may be severely limited.
Maybe try Harbor Freight, they send me free catalogs a couple times a month.
2014 Bulltear (StarLab) 4x8
C&CNC EtherCut
Mach3, SheetCam, Draftsight
Hypertherm PM65
Oxy/Acetylene Flame Torch
Pneumatic Plate Marker, Ohmic, 10 inch Rotary Chuck (in progress)
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by Gamelord »

I can't believe that you suck so badly at metal fabrication that you can't afford a 91.00 banner.
Maybe this business is not right for you. I hear Bernie Sanders is looking for volunteers for his presidential campaign, he seems to have that same "I want all free stuff" attitude. Maybe if you get to work with him you can petition for everyone to get free banners.

Question, when your customer buys something from you, do you give every one of them a free 91.00 banner? Or are you the only special one that deserves a free one?

Just for the record, I have a very nice Hypertherm banner hanging in my shop. It was a gift from my steel supplier....and I don't have a Hypertherm.....yet. But it will be the next plasma I purchase because it is better than all the others.

Best of luck to you on your sub-par plasma cutter that you are going to buy, be sure to send a picture of the banner you get. It will probably be nicer than the cuts.
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
IBBruin
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by IBBruin »

Gamelord wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 11:35 pm I can't believe that you suck so badly at metal fabrication that you can't afford a 91.00 banner.
Maybe this business is not right for you. I hear Bernie Sanders is looking for volunteers for his presidential campaign, he seems to have that same "I want all free stuff" attitude. Maybe if you get to work with him you can petition for everyone to get free banners.

Question, when your customer buys something from you, do you give every one of them a free 91.00 banner? Or are you the only special one that deserves a free one?

Just for the record, I have a very nice Hypertherm banner hanging in my shop. It was a gift from my steel supplier....and I don't have a Hypertherm.....yet. But it will be the next plasma I purchase because it is better than all the others.

Best of luck to you on your sub-par plasma cutter that you are going to buy, be sure to send a picture of the banner you get. It will probably be nicer than the cuts.
Whoa, lol
Darryl

Gorilla 48x48
PM 65
Aspire 9.015
Bucket8577
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Bucket8577 »

I can't understand getting your panties all in a bunch over this. Seriously.

I haven't even bought a product from Hypertherm yet. They have already given me better customer service than any other company that I have dealt with. I received many emails and phone calls from them that were very helpful in deciding which of their machines was right for my application. They also recommended several plasma table manufacturers based on my needs. Mr. Colt is very active on this forum and provides technical advice to all comers.

I am impressed. They have earned my money. I will be taking delivery of my LDR table next week with a Hypertherm 45XP and I am confident that they will support their equipment. That is what is important.
Newbie to plasma cutting.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Disclaimer: I do not own any Hyperthem products by the way.

This is the kind of millennial, liberal, crybaby, spoiled rotten, entitlement that is ruining our country today. You buy one machine from them and expect to get a free 91.00 banner from them? Then are going to return it because you didn't get your way?

Those banners are really for delaers you know, not shops. The dealers are the ones who should get the free advertising for them not you. They have customers coming in all day trying to choose between HT and other manufacturers. How many people come through your shop wanting to buy plasma cutters from you? How many of your customers have even heard of HT?

If you start selling HT stuff, yes... A banner is probably in your future but why in the hell would they give you a free banner?
Go ahead and return your Powermax 85.

You don't deserve it.
I think I'm the oldest 10 year old boy on the forum...
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by beefy »

8Ball wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 6:23 pm It’s not about the BANNER.

IT’S ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE AND CUSTOMER SATISFACTION.
Let's think about this. You bought a Hypertherm no doubt for the reputation of quality or whatever. Otherwise why would you have stated you are the proud owner of a Hypertherm.

The customer service and satisfaction should be connected with the product you bought, not because you constructed in your own mind, that if AFTER the sale, you ask for a free banner and they don't give you one, then the company is worth zilch. You bought the product for what it does and how it performs, not for a free banner.

What you are really saying is that any company should be expected to give you something you request after a done deal, otherwise they are dirt.

Having ran a business for nearly 2 decades, I'd be happy to have nothing to do with a customer like you. There was no ripoff, no misleading of anything. You got the product you paid for then AFTERWARDS expected more, then returned the product because you didn't get what you wanted.

I consider Hypertherm the victim in all of this, not you.
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Coreldraw 2019
8Ball
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by 8Ball »

Having read each and every comment and value the opinions of the members and having gotten verbally beaten and rightfully so. I’m big to admit that I’m wrong and I went off prematurely. I’ll keep my 85 and be the proud owner of it. Going forward i’ll Think things through rather than letting my emotions get the best of me.
Thanks to all for setting me straight.
Last edited by 8Ball on Wed May 29, 2019 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Millermatic 252
Miller Syncrowave 351
Hypertherm Powermax 85
plasmanewbie

Post by plasmanewbie »

8Ball wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:43 am Having read each and every comment and value the opinions of the members and having gotten verbally beaten and rightfully so. I’m big to admit that I’m wrong and I went off prematurely. I’ll keep my 85 and be the round owner of it. Going forward i’ll Think things through rather than letting my emotions get the best of me.
Good man :Like :Like :Like :Like
SegoMan DeSigns

Post by SegoMan DeSigns »

Now run with my concept and cut your own out of metal too show your customers yet another job your capable of doing..
Ironken
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Ironken »

Scratch wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 7:46 am This is the kind of SELF IMPORTANT AMERICAN, crybaby, spoiled rotten, entitlement that is ruining our country today. You buy one machine from them and expect to get a free 91.00 banner from them? Then are going to return it because you didn't get your way?
I fixed that for you.....I work with many people from all walks of life and crybaby entitlement seems to bridge all kinds of Americans. I deal with conservatives that are entitled, lazy pieces of shit and millenials that are hard working little shits and liberals that don't cry. Pretty broad strokes there.....conservatives always crying about the libs is still crying......right?

Just to clear this up, I am not by far what would be considered a lib either.......
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by beefy »

8Ball wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:43 am Having read each and every comment and value the opinions of the members and having gotten verbally beaten and rightfully so. I’m big to admit that I’m wrong and I went off prematurely. I’ll keep my 85 and be the proud owner of it. Going forward i’ll Think things through rather than letting my emotions get the best of me.
8ball,

you have my respect and admiration. That's not an easy thing to do.
2500 x 1500 water table
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Coreldraw 2019

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”