Making my Hypertherm 30xp work with my plasma cam

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
Billy B
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Making my Hypertherm 30xp work with my plasma cam

Post by Billy B »

Hey fellas !! Has anyone ever modified a hypertherm 30xp to work with a plasma cam ?
Apparently they are not designed for a plasma table use. They told me to I had to modify the shield so it doesn’t touch the nossle . Plus I have to make the connection to the hieght control sensor ??? I’m almost finished and this hiccup is really stressing me out . Does anyone have any suggestions??
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Making my Hypertherm 30xp work with my plasma cam

Post by weldguy »

I have no experience with the 30 but it shouldn't be a problem. Have you got the trigger hooked up yet so your Pcam can fire the torch?
WyoGreen
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by WyoGreen »

I knew a guy who used a 30XP with a plasmacam table, so I know it can be done. Unfortunately he passed away a while back, and I don't have a clue as to how he did it.

Steve
Precision Plasma gantry
CommandCNC Linux controller w/Feather Touch & PN200 hand controller
HT-45 plasma cutter
Plate Marker
Router
Laser
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

There are probably 50 or so PlasmaCam machines running in the field with Powermax30 XP's as the cutting process of choice. Yes, there are easy wiring connections.....simply follow the suggestions in the PlasmaCam video manual, if that is not adequate then call PlasmaCam tech support. Even better than tech support is to go to www.plasmacam.com and click on "Owners Community".....and join the owners community. There you will find about 1000 or so machine owners that all help each other out. You will need your Plasmacam serial number in order to join.

Using the search function on the owners community you can find threads where others have posted proper wiring of the Powermax30, as well as an easy way to fabricate an ohmic contact plate sensor (assuming your machine is upgraded with the advanced height control software version).

I can help you as well, but will not be back in my office until February 25. Contact me at jim.colt@comcast.net Jim Colt

Billy B wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:30 pm Hey fellas !! Has anyone ever modified a hypertherm 30xp to work with a plasma cam ?
Apparently they are not designed for a plasma table use. They told me to I had to modify the shield so it doesn’t touch the nossle . Plus I have to make the connection to the hieght control sensor ??? I’m almost finished and this hiccup is really stressing me out . Does anyone have any suggestions??

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”