A little help deciding

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
War Hammer
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

A little help deciding

Post by War Hammer »

Hello all,

I just have a quick question for you Hypertherm owners. My Thermal Dynamics has given up the ghost. It is an my dynatorch 5x10 table. I am wanting to switch to something that will do a little finer cut then I have been able to do.
I am wondering if there is anybody out there that has had both of these manufactures and what they can tell me about why one is more favored then the other.

I have not had good luck with thermal dynamics customer support so that alone is helping sway toward Hypertherm.

Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance,

War Hammer
abmetal
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: A little help deciding

Post by abmetal »

We've had both Thermal Dynamics and Hypertherm and in my opinion it's like comparing a Yugo to a Cadillac.

Allen
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

I have had 2 brand X type plasma unit and now have a Hypertherm PM65 and love it. The simple fact of finding consumables that are used for different cutting techniques is very easy with hypertherm. The manual has them all displayed showing the parameter with the part numbers, and many different authorized dealer to buy from. This makes it easy to find and buy and the life time is longer using genuine parts is great. I have not needed them but from posting here the tech support is an 800 number away and helpful.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Brand X
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Brand X »

Sound like the Hypertherm machines will suit you best with the finecuts.. They work very well.. I prefer Thermal Dynamics because I took the time to figure them out. Not easy for most people.. In fact just sold my 45XP because my new 60i works better on my table for me. If I get into thicker materiel the 60i flat out blows the 45xp out of the water..(similar priced machines) Like the options on marking with it too.. No real parameters are posted for it, and just not suited for turn key use..
BAR M
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by BAR M »

I have gone thru 2 TD A-60s and I had just bought a new TD 60i, which replaces the older model, and I just did not like it. After checking with other members on this site, I bought a Hypertherm PM65 and I like it very much. In fact, I have the TD 60i, with 3 mach torches for sale on this site. Advice is worth every penny you pay for it.

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”