Why do I want a mini torch for the 45XP?

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
AcmeAJ
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Why do I want a mini torch for the 45XP?

Post by AcmeAJ »

I'm ready to buy a Hypertherm 45XP for our recently acquired (gently-used) Samson 510.

We'll be using a machine torch on it and are looking at several different breakaway mounting options but currently have the machine torch mounting system on the table, ready to go.

Several people said I want a mini torch. I've used my Google-fu all up and still have found no good reason to spend the extra money on a mini torch.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Boneyard Welding & Fab
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: Why do I want a mini torch for the 45XP?

Post by Boneyard Welding & Fab »

I can't say for sure on the 45XP, but the machine torch on my 85 is convertible from full size to mini by simply taking it apart and removing the rack section. Hypertherm covered this in the owners/setup manual for the 85, I'm assuming the 45XP should be similar. Jim Colt would be the go to guy on here who would probably know for sure. I converted my torch to a mini, and I see no reason to ever go back to a full size unless I go to a table with gear driven torch control.

The reasons for the mini torch are many. Less weight on the machine gantry, easier to mount and adjust, allows more of the flexible line to be used, etc. A full size torch will work fine, it's up to you to decide how the pros and cons weigh out.
Boneyard Welding and Fabrication
Guysville, Ohio

Plasmacam DHC2 4x4
Hypertherm 85
Everlast Power MTS 221STi
Hobart Champion Elite 11000
Hobart Handler 140
Hobart AirForce 250ci
Lincoln AC225
pmsplasma
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: Why do I want a mini torch for the 45XP?

Post by pmsplasma »

Sorry I know this is a different subject just trying to figure out my easyscriber . Just not sure where to go kinda new to this

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”