Old Powermax 45 torch on a Powermax 45XP

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
chattacuda
1.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Old Powermax 45 torch on a Powermax 45XP

Post by chattacuda »

I just upgraded to a 45XP after a lightning strike to my old 45. It is a sad story I wont bore you with. I have a lot of consumables left for my old machine torch that I would like to use and I have a pretty big order for stuff cut out of 11 ga CS. Will the old torch work ok with the new 45XP till I use up the consumables I have? I was very impressed with the 45XP at Fabtech and understand the Duramax torch is superior but would like to use up my stuff before I switch out torches unless I would be damaging the pretty new XP! Thanks in advance.
chattacuda from Dayton, Tennessee
CandCNC electronics, Precision Plasma V rail gantry, homemade 4'x8' water table, Sharpe Air Dryer
Hyperthem 45XP, CommandCNC, Sheetcam, Corel Draw
chattacuda

Re: Old Powermax 45 torch on a Powermax 45XP

Post by chattacuda »

I called Hyperthem tech support and was advised the old torch is backwards compatible with the new XP. That is good news for all of us upgrading systems so we can use up our consumables. Those folks at Hypertherm are always thinking about what is better for us customers. Unlike Apple and others that keep changing designs so you have to buy all new stuff! Just thought I would share the answer.
chattacuda from Dayton, Tennessee
CandCNC electronics, Precision Plasma V rail gantry, homemade 4'x8' water table, Sharpe Air Dryer
Hyperthem 45XP, CommandCNC, Sheetcam, Corel Draw
Old Iron
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Re: Old Powermax 45 torch on a Powermax 45XP

Post by Old Iron »

Thanks for the follow up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”