Hypertherm powermax 45 fine cut consumables

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
tecktinkershop
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Hypertherm powermax 45 fine cut consumables

Post by tecktinkershop »

Howdy ya'll, just purchased a used plasma cam table and it came with a powermax 45 cutter. I been trying to find fine cut consumables for this machine and haven't had much luck. I've found them for the xp serires machines, but not the older model like mine. Anyone know where I should be looking or are they even available?
Thanks,
Wes
plasmanewbie
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Hypertherm powermax 45 fine cut consumables

Post by plasmanewbie »

The 45 being a lower powered machine has a very fine consumable set by default so fine cut nozzles are not needed. You should be able to achieve very good cuts in thin material with your standard consumables.
SeanP
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by SeanP »

I bought the duramax torch for the older 45, it's a definite upgrade compared to the standard 45 torch and the fine cut nozzle work great.
You can get 30a parts for the older torch, they are not great for machine use though.
Powermax XP45
Home built table, Candcnc DTHC 2, Dragoncut 620-4
R-Tech 210 Tig, Jasic 250 mig
Sheetcam, Scanything, Coreldraw
Table build gallery
tecktinkershop
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by tecktinkershop »

Does the durmax torch have the same quick connect the original one has? If I do that, I may go ahead and upgrade to a machine torch
What's the issue with the 30 amp consumables on a machine?
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

Same connector style is used on the Powermax45 as compared to the newer 45XP, 65, 85, 105 and 125 Powermax systems. No tools needed, disconnect one and connect the other. The original Powermax45 torch cannot use Finecut consumables, the newer Duramax torch can. The original 45 torch could use non-shielded 30 amp consumables (from Hypertherm's older technology Powermax30) that worked good on thin materials, however not nearly as good (edge angularity, life, speed) as the Finecut consumables that work with the upgrade torches. Jim Colt Hypertherm

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”