hypertherm powermax 1000 g3 series - fault

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
jen
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

hypertherm powermax 1000 g3 series - fault

Post by jen »

good morning - this is a long shot - but I turned on my Hypertherm 1000 and the red fault light was on - got the book out and from what I can tell - the air pressure light that should be green was yellow- not flashing yellow but yellow - I had not changed anything on the air pressure so I checked the air hose, it was connected, still same red fault light.
I am hoping someone would have a suggestion as to what to look for next -
thanks in advance
Jen
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: hypertherm powermax 1000 g3 series - fault

Post by jimcolt »

From the service manual.....when the air pressure yellow LED is on and the red fault light is on that often indicates "stuck" consumables in the torch.

Put in new electrode, new swirl ring, new nozzle. Be sure the retaining cap is just snug, not over tightened. Install a pressure gauge (hard plumbed) right at the air inlet. Turn amperage knob fully clockwise (air will flow at torch) read inlet pressure gauge (the one you just installed), it must be between 90 and 120 psi, adjust air regulator until pressure LED's are satisfied.

If the above does not work, contact Hypertherm technical service for more troubleshooting. technical.service@hypertherm.com or 1 800 643 9878 Jim Colt Hypertherm

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”