Fine Cut Consumables Feedback

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
Metal Lee
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Fine Cut Consumables Feedback

Post by Metal Lee »

Hey guys and gals, any feedback on the fine cut consumables? are they worth it? how long do they last, any thing to watch for etc? I thinking of trying them and I thought I would consult my fellow professionals for some input.
Thanks, Metal Lee
Keep the sparks out of your boots!
boodog710
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: Hypertherm powermax 600 fine cut consumables

Post by boodog710 »

Metal Lee wrote:Hey guys and gals, any feedback on the fine cut consumables? are they worth it? how long do they last, any thing to watch for etc? I thinking of trying them and I thought I would consult my fellow professionals for some input.
I have a Hyperthern 1250 and use the 40 fine cut set up when ever I can. 10 gauge is the max on 40 amp. Great cut. Real clean when you get the voltage and speed right. I increase arc current by 5 volts and lower speed by 25%. This is a good starting point. I just cut a number of parts this morning using 77 volts and 50 ipm. Very little clean up needed.

Last week I cut a bunch of floor drain covers out of 12 gauge stainless. Got over 550 pierces out of 1set of fine cut consumables.

Jack
Metal Lee

Re: HYPERTHERM Plasma Cutters - Plasma Cutting Torches

Post by Metal Lee »

Thanks all I will give them a try.
Thanks, Metal Lee
Keep the sparks out of your boots!
Wine Country
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: Fine Cut Consumables Feedback

Post by Wine Country »

The fine cut consumables are what I use on the majority of my work. I give my drawings the usual .03125 offset and the
parts cut right to size. I always inspect them before cutting checking for depth of the divot in the electrode and shape
of the nozzle. I swear by them. I also take the nozzle assembly and clean off any spatter that has accumulated before tackling a big cutting session.
trucks1948
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Fine Cut Consumables Feedback

Post by trucks1948 »

I love them.I use a hypertherm 1000,cut mostly 16,14 and some 10 gage and would'nt want to go back to regular tips.They are really nice for the narrow kerf on fine work.jim

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”