help trouble shooting hypertherm 1000

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
geosue79
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

help trouble shooting hypertherm 1000

Post by geosue79 »

We have a hypertherm 1000 plasma cutter and wondering if anyone out there has some ideas. Its hooked up to a Plasma cam. We have changed the filters, and drained the water. We still have flashing red and green lights. Need ideas. Losing a job if we can't get this working fast.
trucks1948
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: help trouble shooting hypertherm 1000

Post by trucks1948 »

Check hypertherm web site and tech service.Make sure your comsumables are on right and not dirty.Jim Pm Jim colt on this site he is the hypertherm guy.Also check air pressure i get a red lite on my 1000 if air isn't right. Jim
geosue79
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by geosue79 »

trucks1948 wrote:Check hypertherm web site and tech service.Make sure your comsumables are on right and not dirty.Jim Pm Jim colt on this site he is the hypertherm guy.Also check air pressure i get a red lite on my 1000 if air isn't right. Jim
Thanks Jim, I did send a message to the other Jim.
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

If you can provide more details....

- Do you have Hypertherm brand consumables in the torch? Makes sure the part numbers match up with those listed in the Hypertherm manual....a mix of parts can cause this issue, and aftermarket consumables can as well.
- Have you tried a new retaining cap on the torch?
- Are the orings in place on the torch body?
-When do the flashing lights occur.....is it at power up? Is it when the torch tries to start?
- Will air flow when the Amperage knob is turned fully counter clockwise? If so, try to set the pressure )on the regulator) to 70 psi while flowing. Then cycle the power switch off/on.

Best bet for troubleshooting any Hypertherm product is the free tech service toll free number....there are over 12 technicians waiting for your call....they are experts at helping you get through issues such as this.

Technical Service
technical.service@hypertherm.com
800-643-9878 Tel - Toll Free in USA
and Canada

Best regards, Jim Colt

geosue79 wrote:We have a hypertherm 1000 plasma cutter and wondering if anyone out there has some ideas. Its hooked up to a Plasma cam. We have changed the filters, and drained the water. We still have flashing red and green lights. Need ideas. Losing a job if we can't get this working fast.

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”