HotDXF - Cool Sun Design

Share, browse, & download dxf, svg, or other vector based designs. If you take be sure to give back.
HotDXF
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: HotDXF - Cool Sun Design

Post by HotDXF »

Joe Jones wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:33 am
HotDXF wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:30 am
I sure do have a passion for it. There's nothing quite like seeing your design cut out of metal that will be here long after I'm gone. :Like
MJ
I know what you mean. I move around town, and see my metal art here and there, hanging on the walls of offices and restaurants, and such, address signs on homes, monograms, etc.

Joe

It is pretty cool and I love helping people out. Now if I could just figure out a way to make a living at it... :HaHa
MJ
Hot DXF Files --> https://www.hotdxf.com/ :Wow

Come visit the Tiki Today!
High Quality DXF Files without Burning Your Tiki
ETCWeld
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by ETCWeld »

I appreciate everything that the members do here. I have had so much help from some members, and I can't even imagine trying to learn all of what is required just to get something to cut for the first time. I pay for the membership here out of my pocket and any money ever generated from any drawing goes right back into the schools. I've never kept a penny for myself even when I spend hours trying to create a cut file. But with that said I have offered to pay and have paid members to help me fix things and I have paid members to create things for other peoples projects when I couldn't spare the time or knew my skill set wouldn't do the project justice. I can't speak for everyone, but as a teacher, this community has so much.
The fact that you do it at all is impressive and I hope it comes back to you one way or another.
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Joe Jones »

ETCWeld wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:25 pm I appreciate everything that the members do here.
It is cheaper than a psychiatrist :lol:
I have had so much help from some members, and I can't even imagine trying to learn all of what is required just to get something to cut for the first time.
What table are you running, and what software are you using for designing?
I pay for the membership here out of my pocket and any money ever generated from any drawing goes right back into the schools. I've never kept a penny for myself even when I spend hours trying to create a cut file. But with that said I have offered to pay and have paid members to help me fix things and I have paid members to create things for other peoples projects when I couldn't spare the time or knew my skill set wouldn't do the project justice.
I do this for FUN, so I am available to help you with files and it won't cost you a single penny. Feel free to contact me any time. I will help you create files, or fix them, or convert them, or whatever.

addmenow (at) mail (dot) com << read it like an email address.
I can't speak for everyone ...
No problemo. We have a few people here who are really GOOD at that. :roll:
... but as a teacher, this community has so much. The fact that you do it at all is impressive and I hope it comes back to you one way or another.
Me too. He deserves it!

Joe

Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

HotDXF wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:42 am Now if I could just figure out a way to make a living at it... :HaHa
MJ
go to UDEMY.COM. Set up an account, and create videos as online classes. People will pay to access your "Course" and you can make money that way, showing people HOW to create clean DXF files, or bake chocolate chip cookies, or train dogs, or kill zombies, or ... or ...

Joe

Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
12 Lasers

HotDXF
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by HotDXF »

ETCWeld wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:25 pm I appreciate everything that the members do here. I have had so much help from some members, and I can't even imagine trying to learn all of what is required just to get something to cut for the first time. I pay for the membership here out of my pocket and any money ever generated from any drawing goes right back into the schools. I've never kept a penny for myself even when I spend hours trying to create a cut file. But with that said I have offered to pay and have paid members to help me fix things and I have paid members to create things for other peoples projects when I couldn't spare the time or knew my skill set wouldn't do the project justice. I can't speak for everyone, but as a teacher, this community has so much.
The fact that you do it at all is impressive and I hope it comes back to you one way or another.
Feel free to hit me up when you need help. I don't know if I can help you , but I'd be happy to take a look at anything :Like :Yay
MJ

HotDXF
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by HotDXF »

Joe Jones wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:42 pm
HotDXF wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:42 am Now if I could just figure out a way to make a living at it... :HaHa
MJ
go to UDEMY.COM. Set up an account, and create videos as online classes. People will pay to access your "Course" and you can make money that way, showing people HOW to create clean DXF files, or bake chocolate chip cookies, or train dogs, or kill zombies, or ... or ...

Joe

I had that about doing something like that, I'm just not a very good teacher. :HaHa
MJ

Searchman
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Searchman »

Thanks for sharing
HotDXF
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by HotDXF »

Searchman wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:21 am Thanks for sharing
You're Welcome! If you have any issues with the file let me know. :Like

adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

Great work assembling those drawings! Keep them coming.
David
HotDXF
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by HotDXF »

adbuch wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:29 am Great work assembling those drawings! Keep them coming.
David
Thank you. Yes I want to get some more files up here, schools getting ready to start so it's been a little bit more crazier than normal... :HaHa

MJ

Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

adbuch wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:29 am Great work assembling those drawings! Keep them coming.
David
HotDXF wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:35 pmThank you. Yes I want to get some more files up here, schools getting ready to start so it's been a little bit more crazier than normal... :HaHa

MJ
Have the FREE files you have posted HERE thus far, translated into purchases or subscriptions on your REVENUE site? You know ... the one that pays your bills? Have the many FREE files you have posted HERE, motivated ... ANYONE from PlasmaSpider (or Instagram, or Etsy, or wherever else you are posting FREE files) to actually go to http://www.hotdxf.com/ and sign up for the $9.88 / month subscription?

People here KNOW what you can do. The reply (above) makes my point succinctly.
Keep them coming...
Translation: "I LIKE them, and I may USE them myself, and I will probably pass them around like a promiscuous prom queen so people will give me :Like :Like :Like :Like :Like , and I will insure that you never make a DIME off of any FREE file you have ever released, but I won't PAY for access to your site, so keep them coming ... for FREE!"

If you posted a very low resolution semi-protected thumbnail of a new design with a link to PURCHASE the DXF file for $2.99, how many people do you believe would click on the link and send you the money?

In all of my 64 years here on Earth, I have NEVER seen a car dealer give away a new car every day, in the hopes that someone will walk onto the lot to BUY ONE.

How many free homes will you build Mr. Contractor, in the hopes that someone will actually HIRE you to build one for them?

Do what you feel you must do, but there is an old adage about why men don't get married: "Why buy the cow, when you can get the milk for FREE?"

You are VERY talented in drawing DXF files. You really should be PAID for your work.

Joe

Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
12 Lasers

Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

I want you to understand that the reply above is directed at NO ONE in particular. I was drawing attention to the thrust of the words "Keep them coming." which could be posted by anyone. It is like the guys at IHOP on "Unlimited Pancakes Day." They will gobble as many pancakes as the manager is willing to give them, but if there is a charge for them, then their appetites suddenly shut down. People will almost NEVER say, "What ... another FREE thing? No, I want to PAY for them from now on!"

Joe

Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
12 Lasers

HotDXF
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by HotDXF »

Joe Jones wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:01 pm
David
HotDXF wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:35 pmThank you. Yes I want to get some more files up here, schools getting ready to start so it's been a little bit more crazier than normal... :HaHa

MJ
Have the FREE files you have posted HERE thus far, translated into purchases or subscriptions on your REVENUE site? You know ... the one that pays your bills? Have the many FREE files you have posted HERE, motivated ... ANYONE from PlasmaSpider (or Instagram, or Etsy, or wherever else you are posting FREE files) to actually go to http://www.hotdxf.com/ and sign up for the $9.88 / month subscription?

People here KNOW what you can do. The reply (above) makes my point succinctly.
Keep them coming...
Translation: "I LIKE them, and I may USE them myself, and I will probably pass them around like a promiscuous prom queen so people will give me :Like :Like :Like :Like :Like , and I will insure that you never make a DIME off of any FREE file you have ever released, but I won't PAY for access to your site, so keep them coming ... for FREE!"

If you posted a very low resolution semi-protected thumbnail of a new design with a link to PURCHASE the DXF file for $2.99, how many people do you believe would click on the link and send you the money?

In all of my 64 years here on Earth, I have NEVER seen a car dealer give away a new car every day, in the hopes that someone will walk onto the lot to BUY ONE.

How many free homes will you build Mr. Contractor, in the hopes that someone will actually HIRE you to build one for them?

Do what you feel you must do, but there is an old adage about why men don't get married: "Why buy the cow, when you can get the milk for FREE?"

You are VERY talented in drawing DXF files. You really should be PAID for your work.

Joe

Hi Joe,
I appreciate everything you are saying and I totally understand it. I believe you are my biggest fan and I cannot thank you enough for that, really. I do understand exactly what you are saying and agree with it all. You are also correct in the assumption that I have not made any Revenue at all, $0.00 dollars, and I give files away free on my site too. I have also thought about paying for ads here on Plasmaspider, but again with no money coming in it is hard to justify paying that amount every month, especially right not with the booming economy that we have. I am beginning to think that my files are actually not that good, but I keep on going because it is a passion and I enjoy helping people. I have a video that is almost done, I just need to add some narrative to it that I will post on YouTube and then make a link here in the forum so people can actually see the work involved in making one file. I appreciate you Joe and I am glad someone else out there understands. :Like :Like :Like

MJ

Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

Your files ARE that good! No child is going to drop a quarter into a vending machine, if there is a free candy bar in the drop bin every day he walks by.

You are ALREADY advertising on Plasma Spider. You have already generously given away what ... a dozen different designs? More? People KNOW what you can draw. No amount of more FREE designs will motivate anyone to open their wallets. I would subscribe myself, except that I have DesignEdge, so I can easily draw anything I need. Although I DO like your design style!

Make yourself available FOR HIRE ... Advertise in arts and crafts forums, CRICUT forums, etc., where people are looking for designs they CANNOT draw themselves. "I will draw any custom design you need for Halloween ... Christmas ... a Birthday ... etc. Contact me to discuss your needs. The minimum fee for a PROOF design is ($nn.nn) and includes two major, and up to four minor changes..." People who will PAY for custom designs will contact you.

Also, it would be a GOOD idea to make yourself known not only to the plasma community, but also to SIGN SHOPS and the Arts and Crafts Communities. They are ALWAYS looking for talented and RELIABLE artists who can produce a good design for VDC (Vinyl cutting machines) for small businesses, and for handmade greeting cards, etc.

"We need a sign for a laundromat ... A wooden wash tub, with a wringer, and some soap bubbles spilling out of one side ... " or "We need a sign for a dog groomer, with a wet Saint Bernard standing in a large puddle, with two kids scrubbing it down ..." or "We need a logo for an auto repair shop, with three hillbillies bent over the front grill of an old pickup truck..."

The SIGN BUSINESS is where your MONEY is.

Have people send you a side profile of children or family members, and produce designs that either YOU, or in conjunction with someone with a CNC plasma table, laser or router table and a powder coat oven can make and ship, and produce something like THIS for them to hang on their wall. You would be BURIED in orders.

Joe
silhouette temp.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
12 Lasers

adbuch

Post by adbuch »

HotDXF wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:28 am
David
It's all about having some fun. It's great to be creative, and sharing your work with others may or may not translate into dollars. Just keep doing what makes you happy, and disregard negative comments from the peanut gallery. Most of us, with the exception of a very few, have day jobs to pay the bills. Some incorporate the drawing/design aspects into their daily productivity. And some are just learning here. It's all good!
David
HotDXF
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by HotDXF »

Joe Jones wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:39 am Your files ARE that good! No child is going to drop a quarter into a vending machine, if there is a free candy bar in the drop bin every day he walks by.

You are ALREADY advertising on Plasma Spider. You have already generously given away what ... a dozen different designs? More? People KNOW what you can draw. No amount of more FREE designs will motivate anyone to open their wallets. I would subscribe myself, except that I have DesignEdge, so I can easily draw anything I need. Although I DO like your design style!

Make yourself available FOR HIRE ... Advertise in arts and crafts forums, CRICUT forums, etc., where people are looking for designs they CANNOT draw themselves. "I will draw any custom design you need for Halloween ... Christmas ... a Birthday ... etc. Contact me to discuss your needs. The minimum fee for a PROOF design is ($nn.nn) and includes two major, and up to four minor changes..." People who will PAY for custom designs will contact you.

Also, it would be a GOOD idea to make yourself known not only to the plasma community, but also to SIGN SHOPS and the Arts and Crafts Communities. They are ALWAYS looking for talented and RELIABLE artists who can produce a good design for VDC (Vinyl cutting machines) for small businesses, and for handmade greeting cards, etc.

"We need a sign for a laundromat ... A wooden wash tub, with a wringer, and some soap bubbles spilling out of one side ... " or "We need a sign for a dog groomer, with a wet Saint Bernard standing in a large puddle, with two kids scrubbing it down ..." or "We need a logo for an auto repair shop, with three hillbillies bent over the front grill of an old pickup truck..."

The SIGN BUSINESS is where your MONEY is.

Have people send you a side profile of children or family members, and produce designs that either YOU, or in conjunction with someone with a CNC plasma table, laser or router table and a powder coat oven can make and ship, and produce something like THIS for them to hang on their wall. You would be BURIED in orders.

Joe

silhouette temp.jpg

You and David are great! I appreciate all the feedback from you guys. Thank You! :Like

Return to “DXF & SVG Plasma Cutting File Sharing Forum”