One last shot... lol

Share, browse, & download dxf, svg, or other vector based designs. If you take be sure to give back.
Jfile
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

One last shot... lol

Post by Jfile »

I thought I would give this one last try. I made a small amount of progress but still have a couple of details to iron out. I have been through tutorials, videos, searched forums and can't figure out how to do this.

Hopefully the SVG will open properly. You may need to switch to outline view to see the entire drawing.

All that I need to do is attach the small tabs on the date numbers to the oval and attach the last name to the top of the piece. For whatever reason, it will not work for me.

Can someone PLEASE help me. I'm going to try posting here and in the Inkscape section because I'm running out of time and somewhat desperate. lol
Family - EST - Date - 1998.svg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

LDR 4'x4' Water Table
Command CNC Linux Controller
Plate Marker
Power Max 45xp w/ Machine Torch & Hand Torch
2 Stage filter, Motorguard filter & HF Ref Dryer
InkScape / SheetCam
harrymorley
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: One last shot... lol

Post by harrymorley »

here ya go...i cleaned it up for you. food for thought..bridge the date the same as est that way you eliminate welding the date in

osborne.zip

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Jfile
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Jfile »

Thank you so much. I'm not at home right now so I can't download the zip and check it out. I'm excited to get home though and check it out.

I agree about bridging the date being the best way to go. I wanted to do it that way but to make the numbers tall enough without changing their width, it seemed like it stretched them out of shape.

I know it might be too lengthy to try and get in to on here but is there an easy explanation as to why I couldn't get those tabs to weld in to the oval? I tried everything that knew to try. I also couldn't get the name to bridge to the top line of the piece. I tried using the union command and it wouldn't work.

Seems like I run in to these problems any time I try to work off of someone's drawing. I'm sure it's just me but I seem to have better luck (or should I say less problems) when I just start from scratch.

Thank you again for your time and work! Can't wait to get home and cut it.

Jeff
LDR 4'x4' Water Table
Plate Marker
InkScape / SheetCam
Jfile
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Jfile »

Hi HarryMorley,

I finally got home and was able to open up the zip that you sent me. I'm not sure if you accidentally sent the wrong file or maybe I just wasn't good at describing what I needed. I'm grateful for your help but I can't see that the issues I needed fixed were changed. The name (OSBORNE) is not attached to the top of the piece and the little tabs on the numbers are not welded in to the oval. :(

Any idea what happened?

Thank you. Jeff
LDR 4'x4' Water Table
Plate Marker
InkScape / SheetCam
harrymorley

Post by harrymorley »

Break the tabs even with the oval and remove the part above the oval ..remove the part of the oval between the breaks...called bridging I guess..when all are broken and the parts removed , join them.
harrymorley

Post by harrymorley »

move the letters down to touch the flat top part...remove the part of the letter between where it touches..also remove the flat top between here..join them. figure it our once..easier after that
Jfile
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Jfile »

Got it. Thank you!
LDR 4'x4' Water Table
Plate Marker
InkScape / SheetCam