It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:03 am

Gear puller

DXF Art Sharing Forum is for sharing dxf, plt, or any other vector file for plasma cutting. Browse what others have posted or post some DXF art files of your own.
DXF
Elite Contributing Member

Gear puller

Postby DXF » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:48 pm

My lathe motor quit recently and to replace it I had to remove this pulley with a gear puller. Didn't have a gear puller so I made one from 14 gage, .500-13 threaded stock, a couple of nuts and a washer.....worked perfectly!

Dave Hanks

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Gear puller.dxf

You do not have access to download this dxf file.
Become a Contributing Member to gain access to the thousands of files shared by our members. Click Here

ggeh

Re: Gear puller

Postby ggeh » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:34 pm

I enjoy designing and cutting tools as much as I do the art work especially when it works. I still find it amazing to take an idea, draw it up in a cad program, and cut it out on the plasma table. What a mavalous machine, so glad I've been able to own one. Nice job thanks for sharing.

biggator850

Postby biggator850 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:50 pm

Super cool and simple design! I built something similar a few years ago to pull the wheel (propeller for you landlubbers) off my uncle's shrimp boat. Boat was in the water and one blade got bent causing a terrible vibration. He was stuck unable to get to a travel lift, so we used some scrap stuff laying around and built a puller that would get it off in the water.

I tried to find the files to share but I must have lost the final version when my old computer died. But it was basically a circle with a slot to slide over the shaft on the backside of the wheel with two pieces similar to what you have here that were welded to a nut allowing a bolt to apply pressure to the end of the driveshaft. A hammer is almost useless underwater, but the puller worked perfectly and had the wheels swapped in less time than it took to drive to my shop.

Having the ability to whip up some simple solution like this can be a life saver!

hdfaster

Postby hdfaster » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:47 am

Very handy item. You can burn out any size when the need arises. Thank you!

RONWB

Postby RONWB » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:45 pm

thanks

Return to “DXF Art - DXF Clip Art File Sharing Forum”