.tap to dxf?

Share tips and tricks regarding cut cutting, material handling, metal finishing, marketing, or anything you find helpful.
Double S Farms
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: .tap to dxf?

Post by Double S Farms »

adbunch: Thank you for your very comprehensive reply. Am going to attempt this later today and will report back to you with results and/or questions. I got to tell you, sometimes when I'm "talking" to guys like ROKCRLER and you it makes me think there may be hope for this old world yet!
ROKCRLER
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by ROKCRLER »

David..thanks for the new info... ripper is much faster....youve been holding back on good info man.... I could have used this when a year or so ago when I "lost" a few dxf's but had the gcode.. Much appreciated!:beer:
4x8 Dynatorch
PM85
~Mo~
Red6rubicon
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Red6rubicon »

worked perfect
sawblade buck standing 32 in.dxf
Screenshot 2023-06-03 170126.png

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

ROKCRLER

Post by ROKCRLER »

Turned out great!
4x8 Dynatorch
PM85
~Mo~
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

G-Code Ripper 10.jpg

Double S Farms
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Double S Farms »

adbunch: Worked perfect! I need to re-size as you indicated above but am well on the way to having a good file.

Thanks so much for your help with this.

adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Double S Farms wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:19 pm adbunch: Worked perfect! I need to re-size as you indicated above but am well on the way to having a good file.

Thanks so much for your help with this.
Glad to hear it worked out for you. I have attached the dxf file (smoothed to reduce node count). Another thing that could be done in lieu of scaling all the individual parts would be to simply add the estimated original kerf width to the kerf width value you specify when creating your new g-code.
So for example - if your normal kerf width setting is 0.050", and we estimate that the original kerf width specification used to create the original g-code file is say 0.045" - than just add 0.045" to your 0.050" setting (total = 0.095") and this will automatically cut the parts to the correct size without needing to go in and resize every part.

David
G-Code Ripper project.dxf image.jpg
G-Code Ripper project.dxf

adbuch

Post by adbuch »

ROKCRLER wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:50 am David..thanks for the new info... ripper is much faster....youve been holding back on good info man.... I could have used this when a year or so ago when I "lost" a few dxf's but had the gcode.. Much appreciated!:beer:
Rokcrler - happy to help. It's hard to know exactly what information folks need until they ask. Both Tom and yourself have been extremely helpful to me in the past with your Inkscape tips, so happy to return the favor. I do have Sheetcam installed on my computer, but have never taken the time to learn how to use it since I use Design Edge for my cam/post processing for cnc plasma cutting. Design Edge has spoiled me in that regard, but If I ever decide to do a diy table then I would probably learn Sheetcam as it looks easier and more convenient to use than the Fusion 360 cam/post process feature.

David
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

Finding software packages the help with project is neat. Scorchworks is one of those free program groups that are very helpful. I have used F-Engrave for some router work. Here is the home page for you to check out https://www.scorchworks.com/index.html
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Double S Farms
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Double S Farms »

adbunch: Thanks for the "smoothed" file - I will use it and the kerf info contained going forward. Again, my appreciation to you and ROKCRLER for your help with this project.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Double S Farms wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:13 pm adbunch: Thanks for the "smoothed" file - I will use it and the kerf info contained going forward. Again, my appreciation to you and ROKCRLER for your help with this project.
You are quite welcome! Always happy to try to help. The "smoothed" file should give a smoother cut. Let us know how it turns out when you cut it.
Thanks,
David

Return to “Tech Tips From Other Members”