ShetCam, Mach 3 restart cuts?

SheetCam related questions and tips can be posted here
endlesstravels
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

ShetCam, Mach 3 restart cuts?

Post by endlesstravels »

Occasionally the torch may turn off due to cut error etc. How can I backup to resume cutting in the G code file?
I Lean
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: ShetCam, Mach 3 restart cuts?

Post by I Lean »

Click in the Gcode window in Mach3, then you can use the scroll wheel to move up/down the lines of code. While you're doing that, the cut display window will highlight where it is in the cut. Move to a spot before you stopped cutting (I like to go to the last torch off/M05 if I need to pierce after that), and click "run from here". Make a note of your Z axis DRO before you do this, since it will not be correct afterward. Once it's done running through all the code, reset the Z DRO to what it was before, and click run.
endlesstravels
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by endlesstravels »

Thanks -
A couple other queastions,
The display window is so small I cant see my cuts. Is there a way to enlarge it?
Also I just converted from Torchmate software. Using Mach 3 the metal is warping on the outside edges causing the torch to cut off?
I Lean
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by I Lean »

endlesstravels wrote:Thanks -
A couple other queastions,
The display window is so small I cant see my cuts. Is there a way to enlarge it?
Also I just converted from Torchmate software. Using Mach 3 the metal is warping on the outside edges causing the torch to cut off?
Yes--click in the cut display window, and the scroll wheel zooms in/out. Right-click to move the image around, left double-click to toggle between overhead and 3D view.

Return to “SheetCam”