Un wanted start points -dirt?

SheetCam related questions and tips can be posted here
endlesstravels
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Un wanted start points -dirt?

Post by endlesstravels »

When you see an unwanted start point, which will produce a hole, is there a way to edit it out without returning to the your drawing program (plasma cam)?
muzza
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: Un wanted start points -dirt?

Post by muzza »

Not sure exactly what you want to change so here are the common scenarios

If you want to move the start point,
Click on "+S" in top title bar and then left click on line where you want to move it to and start point will jump to there.

To change the order,
Click on the "+S" and then right click the start point you want to move and select "Properties"
in the "Order" box change the number to what you want

To change the lead in (no lead in or make it shorter) on all
In the Operations menu, select the tool and then change lead in type or length as required

To change the lead in on only one path
Click on the "+S" and right click on the start point you want to alter and select "Properties"
Uncheck the "Use operation leadin/leadout"
and check "none" or change length

Hope that helps,
Murray
endlesstravels
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by endlesstravels »

Helps - but
I sometimes have start points that should'nt be there. The original drafting software (plasma cam) left some small "dots" from errors or whatever. When you run sheetcam it will punch unwanted holes. I usually go back and edit my original drawing, wondering if I can fix by doing something in sheetcam.
Thanks
muzza
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by muzza »

From what I understand Sheetcam is only a post processor to generate a cut path being a G-code and can only work with the information supplied to it, being the drawing (it will however remove duplicate lines but these must be exactly over the other lines). You can however in Mach edit your G-code but I generally go back to the drawing and fix anything there so it's done for if I ever need to redo a cut path for a different material.
trucutcnc
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by trucutcnc »

You can put the unwanted entities that are causing the stray starts on a separate layer in SC then un-check the layer. That effectively deletes them.
--------------------------------------------
http://www.trucutcnc.com
Ross Carlisle
Jackson, TN

Return to “SheetCam”