changing lines

SheetCam related questions and tips can be posted here
trucks1948
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

changing lines

Post by trucks1948 »

I use corel x5 and sheetcam.Once in a while when i save as a dxf in corel and open in sheetcam i will have one line that is off.I have just found out that if i go back in corel and add some nodes in the bad part it seems to straighten it out.Anyone got a better solution,or tell me what i am doing wrong to start with?It only does this rarely so i'm wondering if these are a different type of file that i'm working with. Now that i know how to fix it it's not so bad,but i don't always see it before i cut.Thanks for any help.Jim
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: changing lines

Post by tcaudle »

If you are using DXFTool in CorelDraw to avoid the segmented lines in a DXF export than sometimes on long curves it will flatten the arc. I have not seen that issue on the later version of the tool and we use it and Corel for virtually all of our cutting including milling and engraving. If you don't use DXFtool than consider:
1. Getting DXF tool for you version of CorelDraw (there is a 30 day trial)
or
2. Export out of CorelDraw or save as a CDR and open with Inkscape and save it there (it saves in native SVG format) and import that into SheetCAM TNG. The move from Inkscape to SheetCAM TNG works well. I don't think exporting in SVG FROM Corel will work; at least not in Corel X4 or older. It would be nice since it keeps the arcs and circles intact.

Keep makin' sparks!

TOMcaudle
trucks1948

Re: changing lines

Post by trucks1948 »

Thanks Tom

Return to “SheetCam”