Possible scaling issue with sheetcam...

SheetCam related questions and tips can be posted here
jbirge23
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Possible scaling issue with sheetcam...

Post by jbirge23 »

We have a new premier plasma 4x8 table that us giving us issues. So newest issue is it is not cutting parts to the dimensions. We draw in fusion360 then do g code in sheetcam then cut in mach3. We use a hypertherm 85. This attachment is all same settings but one was with reverse cut speeds the other not. The settings are 90ipm on outside of the line to cut. Any help would be greatly appreciated
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Possible issue with sheetcam...

Post by weldguy »

Can you attach your dxf drawing and let us know what size its supposed to be and what size it cut at?
Les Newell
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Possible scaling issue with sheetcam...

Post by Les Newell »

In SheetCam there is a measure tool. Right-click and select 'Measure'. Now click on the start and move the mouse to the end point you wnat to measure. Do the measurements look correct?
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

It is also possible that your turns ratio needs to be calibrated in Mach3. Try drawing a 6" x 6" or larger square and use a sharpie pen mounted to your torch to draw the square and measure it to see how accurate it is. For very precision measurement, you can get a dial indicator and attach it to one of your axes and command it to move say 0.500". Compare the reading on the indicator to your programmed distance.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Here is how I did it with one of my cnc tables. This one uses Centroid control, but I expect Mach3 has similar settings.
David
dial indicator 1.jpg
dial indicator 2.jpg
dial indicator 3.jpg
dial indicator 4.jpg

Return to “SheetCam”