Missing lines of code.

SheetCam related questions and tips can be posted here
John Bewick
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Missing lines of code.

Post by John Bewick »

My plasma table has been performing quite well since I finally got it running a few weeks ago. I have been doing test cuts to set up AVHC, and have a few questions, not all related to Sheetcam but hoping someome can help.
First is, when I set the Price AVHC to auto sense the cut voltage, it gives a reading quite a way below Hypertherm suggested voltages. Torch cut height has been checked by stopping part way through a cut and measuring height, all ok at 1.5mm. Still voltage reading during cut is approx 20 to 30V below suggested. I have checked HP65 voltage divider and it is set to 50:1 as required by Price AVHC. Is it normal for cut voltage to be that much different to reccomended voltage ?
Second problem, machine has not been used for a few days, and when I set up today to do a job it was not firing the torch at start of some cuts. I checked everything I could think of, and then found that some lines of G Code were missing from cut file. For some reason Sheetcam has missed them out when post proccessing. I have not changed anything within Sheetcam to cause this, and it is a mistery as to why it is doing it. Can anybody help me please ?

Also, how can I copy the G Code to this forum for others to view ?

Here is some of the code where the error occurs..
GOO X10.00 Y30.00
G28.1 Z15.0 F500.00
G92 Z0.0
GOO Z0.9100
G92Z0.0
GOO Z3.800
MO3
GO4 PO.3
GO1 Z1.500 F9000.00
X310.00
MO5
GOO X10.00 Y50.00
G28.1 Z15.00 F500.00
G92 Z0.0
GOO Z0.9100
G92 Z0.0
MO3
GO4 P0.3
GOI F9000.00
X 310.00
MO5
As you will see, after the second touch off it fires the torch, delays 0.3 sec but immediately starts to travel at 9000 mm per min before it has lowered to cut height. I continues to do the same with the remaining cuts. By the way this is with the torch height control turned off.

System is operating with uccnc.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Missing lines of code.

Post by acourtjester »

I too use a Price THC with UCCNC, the THC voltage is not set in SheetCam but on the Price unit. The delay in the G-code is to be sure the Plasma has finished the pierce, it is not the same as the delay in the Price. The delay in the price is to allow the plasma voltage to settle down before the Price starts to control the THC action. Are you using the Post Processor that is for the Price THC?? I have not seen a large difference between the book and the price voltage settings. Which version of the UCCNC are you using mine is the UC400ETH do you have the black wire from the Price going to the signal return pins on the BOB?? Are you using a separate Power Supply for the Price unit, or if shared does it have enough current for what it powers??
To attach G-code info the simplest method is to do a screenshot of the portion of the G-code you want to share, most likely you only need a short section to show what you concern is. For larger sections just make a ZIP file of the G-code and attach it here. Not all file types are able to be attached.
This video shows the setup for the Price.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
robertspark
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by robertspark »

depending upon what post processor you are running the post processor can be set NOT to do another touchoff if the last probe was in Xxx distance

you need to post your post processor (copy save as txt file and upload)

same with gcode.

note the gcode you posted uses "O" as in letter O., it should be "0" zero for G01 G zero one etc..... but it obviously works for you
John Bewick
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by John Bewick »

Thanks for replies. I will answer to Toms reply first. Yes, I realise voltage is set on the Price THC. The THC works fine, but my queery was with the Price THC auto voltage reading being much lower than expected. I am using the Mach 3 THC with scriber, post processor. UCCNC is running through AXBB break out board. Price THC has it's own power supply. THC works fine as I said, it just needs much lower voltage settings than suggested. All I asked was, is it normal to require a much lower voltage. If you recall, I had a problem with the Price supplied interface cable being incorrectly wired/marked, and was wondering if this has caused a fault.
In answer to Roberts reply, the post processor I am using is Mach3 THC with scriber. It has been working fine until yeterday when is sent the G code file without the code to lower torch to cut height on the second cut, as shown in the copied file I have shown. Yes I realise that O's should be zero's, but that is just the way I have written it to this forum. My question is, why would sheetcam suddenly omit the torch lowering code, when it has been no problem before. After the second M03 torch fire, it delays 0.3 sec, then starts the torch moving at 9000mm min. No torch firing height or cut height codes given.
djreiswig

Post by djreiswig »

Check your tool settings. Do you have pierce height and cut height set the same? This would cause it to skip the Z move. Also check your rapid height in SheetCam.
I wouldn't worry about the voltages. There are several differences in systems that can skew the voltage. Use whatever voltage that maintains the correct cut height.
2014 Bulltear (StarLab) 4x8
C&CNC EtherCut
Mach3, SheetCam, Draftsight
Hypertherm PM65
Oxy/Acetylene Flame Torch
Pneumatic Plate Marker, Ohmic, 10 inch Rotary Chuck (in progress)
John Bewick
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by John Bewick »

Pierce height is set to 3.8mm, cut height is 1.5mm. All tool settings are as suggested by Hypertherm. I don't see why any of the tool settings would cause Sheetcam to send G code for the first open path cut correctly, but for the second open path cut it omits to send code to lower torch to cut height.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Regardless of your cut height and pierce height settings, I believe the problem you are experiencing is most likely post processor related. You could possibly edit the post processor to add the additional functionality, or manually edit your g-code to implement your desired change.
David
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

I agree with David in that there may be a problem with the Pot Processor you are using. Software coding is very complex, there can be underlying problems that show up in strange ways. SheetCam has mad many corrections to their software over the years, when they are notified of a bug they fix it. If your PC is not online you will not see these update when you start SheetCam as they are sent out. This is the current version on my PC. If you feel you have a valid bug email SheetCam with the data about your problem and they will answer.
Asheetcan.JPG
Asheetcan.JPG (21.32 KiB) Viewed 1229 times
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

acourtjester wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:55 am I agree with David in that there may be a problem with the Pot Processor you are using. Software coding is very complex, there can be underlying problems that show up in strange ways. SheetCam has mad many corrections to their software over the years, when they are notified of a bug they fix it. If your PC is not online you will not see these update when you start SheetCam as they are sent out. This is the current version on my PC. If you feel you have a valid bug email SheetCam with the data about your problem and they will answer.
Asheetcan.JPG
Tom - for those with the incorrect post processor, where can they download the current version for cnc plasma?
Thanks,
David
John Bewick
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by John Bewick »

I have to admit, I am not using the latest version of Sheetcam, and will download the latest to try. It just puzzles me as to why I have had no problems with probably over a hundred different jobs so far, but now Sheetcam suddenly decides to omit lines of code, when no other changes have been made.
Thankyou for your help, I will let you know how I get on.
John Bewick
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by John Bewick »

adbuch wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:32 pm
acourtjester wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:55 am I agree with David in that there may be a problem with the Pot Processor you are using. Software coding is very complex, there can be underlying problems that show up in strange ways. SheetCam has mad many corrections to their software over the years, when they are notified of a bug they fix it. If your PC is not online you will not see these update when you start SheetCam as they are sent out. This is the current version on my PC. If you feel you have a valid bug email SheetCam with the data about your problem and they will answer.
Asheetcan.JPG
Tom - for those with the incorrect post processor, where can they download the current version for cnc plasma?
Thanks,
David
Open Sheetcam and click on Help, there is a tab to check for updates,
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

There are most likely different post processors for different process as well as different machines. What I was asking for is a list of the currently available post processors and where they reside on the internet for purposes of downloading.
David
djreiswig

Post by djreiswig »

SheetCam comes with a bunch of post processors for different machines. They're usually kept updated and automatically download when you download the update.
C&CNC EtherCut
Hypertherm PM65
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

djreiswig wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:43 am SheetCam comes with a bunch of post processors for different machines. They're usually kept updated and automatically download when you download the update.
where do I look.jpg
djreiswig

Post by djreiswig »

Options, machine options
C&CNC EtherCut
Hypertherm PM65
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

djreiswig wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:49 am Options, machine options
where do I look 1.jpg
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

The Post Processors are located in 2 places on the hard drive, one is in the SheetCam folder and the other is in a separate folder. This folder is created when you modify any Post Processor, but it will show in you list in SheetCam for you to use like the others when want to change. The location is shown under the "Help" then "open setting folder" see attached images, you can see the Price PP that are modified I can send them is needed.
sheetcam 4.jpg
sheetcam 4.jpg (23.34 KiB) Viewed 1210 times
sheetcam 5.jpg
sheetcam 6.jpg
sheetcan 7.jpg
sheetcan 7.jpg (116.04 KiB) Viewed 1210 times
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

acourtjester wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:07 am The Post Processors are located in 2 places on the hard drive, one is in the SheetCam folder and the other is in a separate folder. This folder is created when you modify any Post Processor, but it will show in you list in SheetCam for you to use like the others when want to change. The location is shown under the "Help" then "open setting folder" see attached images, you can see the Price PP that are modified I can send them is needed.
sheetcam 4.jpg
sheetcam 5.jpg
sheetcam 6.jpg
sheetcan 7.jpg
Tom - thanks for your detailed explanation. I am new to Sheetcam and just learning the ropes - so to speak.
David
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

Happy to help, also if you get post processors files you can just copy them into the separate folder with the others.
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

acourtjester wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:32 am Happy to help, also if you get post processors files you can just copy them into the separate folder with the others.
:Like :Like :Like
John Bewick
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by John Bewick »

Now sorted. My thanks should go to djreiswig as your reply gave the fix needed, but as I just couldn't believe it would cure the problem, I overlooked it. This was to check the Rapid Clearance Height. This was also pointed out by Les at Sheetcam, and for some reason it was set to Zero. Set to 25mm and problem solved.
Still can't get me head around why this would cause such a bizzare problem with post, but it obviously did.
Thanks to you all for suggestions.
djreiswig

Post by djreiswig »

Great to hear you got it solved.
C&CNC EtherCut
Hypertherm PM65
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

John Bewick wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:51 am Now sorted. My thanks should go to djreiswig as your reply gave the fix needed, but as I just couldn't believe it would cure the problem, I overlooked it. This was to check the Rapid Clearance Height. This was also pointed out by Les at Sheetcam, and for some reason it was set to Zero. Set to 25mm and problem solved.
Still can't get me head around why this would cause such a bizzare problem with post, but it obviously did.
Thanks to you all for suggestions.
:Like :Like :Like

Return to “SheetCam”