SheetCam and LinuxCNC error with video

SheetCam related questions and tips can be posted here
kpj5br
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

SheetCam and LinuxCNC error with video

Post by kpj5br »

Hi everyone, I’m a real novice but have tried to do my homework, and I’m really stumped at this point for next steps if there’s anyone who can point me in a direction.

It’s a great machine and cuts great, and I’ve now installed and licensed sheetcam (on same Linux machine), but any .ngc file I create gives same error.

I decided to record a short video about 2 minutes long to show the situation, but I’m sure I missed showing everything relevant so just tell I’ll grab the info or screen shot it video of it.

Appreciate any help - thanks here’s the video -
Rodw
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: SheetCam and LinuxCNC error with video

Post by Rodw »

To me it looks like the wrong postprocessor.
Install Sheetcam on windows and it should include a plasmac postprocessor, copy it to your linuxcnc box and try using it.
It may be included in the linux version now.
robertspark
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by robertspark »

what's the message on the screen when you load the file

https://forum.linuxcnc.org/plasmac/3843 ... =10#215479
kpj5br
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by kpj5br »

Thank you I’m trying both of these, will take me a couple days I’ll report back!
kpj5br
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by kpj5br »

It works perfectly, MANY MANY thanks! Just have to do the jobs on SheetCam in windows and then USB them to the Linux machine no problem, awesome RodW!
Rodw
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by Rodw »

kpj5br wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:44 pm It works perfectly, MANY MANY thanks! Just have to do the jobs on SheetCam in windows and then USB them to the Linux machine no problem, awesome RodW!
You are welcome.
You can also copy the postprocessor from your Windows PC and install it in Sheetcam for Linux and you can work there if you wish.

It took me a long time to crack it, but I finally have been able to create a share on my Linux home folder that I can open on my Windows PC in my office.
So I can output code direct from Sheetcam to the Linuxcnc nc files folder. Then I can hit the load latest button on QTplasmac to load the file with one mouse click from air conditioned comfort :)
kpj5br
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by kpj5br »

That would be awesome, right now I'm just happy the machine is working but I'll take these steps in time!

Return to “SheetCam”