Change in Lead in/out commands

SheetCam related questions and tips can be posted here
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Change in Lead in/out commands

Post by acourtjester »

I noticed something odd while cutting some parts out. It seemed the pierce was not operating as it should. Then I noticed that there were not lead in of outs being cut. What I found is there is now a box that needs to be checked in the tool sets, this is to enable the using of lead in/outs or not while creating a cut plan. This is separate from the selection when doing the actual info in setting up each part. I that box is not check to use lead in/out in the tool set, it will not do then even if you have told it in the cut plan. I may have just missed the memo about this. :HaHa :HaHa
But I thought I would pass it on.
a SheetCam.JPG
a SheetCam.JPG (64.86 KiB) Viewed 493 times
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
TJS
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Change in Lead in/out commands

Post by TJS »

That is great info. Since I upgraded to the New Command CNC and the 29B Post I have lost some of the pierce delays that I KNOW were in the previous tool sets. Now I double check with my Hypertherm book for these settings.

So question Tom, After you perform the compile of the post and create your =>NGC/.TAP file do you see the cut path green lines of the lead ins and lead outs even if that check box is not checked. To me if they are unchecked it should not show the lead in and lead outs in the path.
djreiswig
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by djreiswig »

I think you can still set the lead settings in the operation. Several of us requested keeping the leaf settings with the tools since they're usually consistent with the material being cut. So if you pick a 1/4 tool the lead is set longer than if you pick a 14ga tool. You don't have to remember to change it in the operation. If you check the box it should override the operation settings with the tool settings. At least I think that's how it works.
2014 Bulltear (StarLab) 4x8
C&CNC EtherCut
Mach3, SheetCam, Draftsight
Hypertherm PM65
Oxy/Acetylene Flame Torch
Pneumatic Plate Marker, Ohmic, 10 inch Rotary Chuck (in progress)
SegoMan DeSigns

Post by SegoMan DeSigns »

Tom,

Did you recently upgrade Sheetcam? perhaps it changed some of your previous settings.
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

Ok when doing the setup I sometime move the start point, you can see the lead in and outs when doing that. I try to have them in a convenient location like a corner or to be sure there is not interference with another part. In the plan I had called for a 0.150" lead in, that is not seen in the cut parts. The stars are the dropouts no lead in same with the finished part openings. I always excepted the upgrade when they show up and that is what I had thought happened. I know there is a forum for SheetCam just do not check it. https://forum.sheetcam.com/viewforum.php?f=4 I am not complaining Les does a great job, I just wanted to pass along what I had noticed.
aleadin.JPG
astar (1).JPG
astar (2).JPG
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
djreiswig

Post by djreiswig »

Did you have a lead in set in the operation?
It's strange that the screen would show a lead in on the path, but not cut one. This may be a bug. I would post on the SheetCam forum and ask if this is how it's supposed to work.
2014 Bulltear (StarLab) 4x8
C&CNC EtherCut
Mach3, SheetCam, Draftsight
Hypertherm PM65
Oxy/Acetylene Flame Torch
Pneumatic Plate Marker, Ohmic, 10 inch Rotary Chuck (in progress)

Return to “SheetCam”