Whats up with this ?

SheetCam related questions and tips can be posted here
Sampson Jones
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Whats up with this ?

Post by Sampson Jones »

88CAF49E-5171-42B5-9079-6CC8E6011F16.jpeg
This line shows up when opening in sheetcam version 6.1.57 on lineux command candcnc . This same drawing opens perfect on sheetcam version 6.1.74 on another windows based computer . I was told to only use the sheet cam version that came with the command system and not my old windows bases sheetcam . Can somebody tell me why this line is showing up and why I have to use the sheetcam that came with the command ?
My design , 4ft x 8 ft water table
CandCNC electronics
Hypertherm powermax 65
Command Lineux
Super z 2
Sheetcam
Inkscape and corel draw
Les Newell
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Whats up with this ?

Post by Les Newell »

I'm not sure what is happening there. If you send me a copy of the drawing I'll take a look and see if I can figure out what is going on.
As long as you use the same post processor and path rules you can use your Windows copy of SheetCam. A quick way to transfer your tools and rules to the Windows machine is to save a job (File->save job) on the Linux version then load that job into your Windows version. After loading the job go to File->save default toolset to save your tools.
Sampson Jones

Re: Whats up with this ?

Post by Sampson Jones »

The cause was the “arc fitting “ needed to be set to zero in the tab in the command cnc . Thanks to Tom at candcnc for the soultion . Thanks Les as well for giving us sheetcam
My design , 4ft x 8 ft water table
CandCNC electronics
Hypertherm powermax 65
Command Lineux
Super z 2
Sheetcam
Inkscape and corel draw

Return to “SheetCam”