Sheetcam-post processor failure

SheetCam related questions and tips can be posted here
mmmetal
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Sheetcam-post processor failure

Post by mmmetal »

I appreciate this site very much and all the wonderful people on it.
I recently had a computer problem and had to send it off for repairs. When I got it back, sheetcam was missing, which in itself was not a problem as I just reinstalled a new copy of it.
Only problem is I don’t know how to set it up to match my Trucut table. When I try to use the post processor, it says an “unexpected error occurred -post not found.”
Thanks in advance for any help .
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: Sheetcam-post processor failure

Post by beefy »

That should be pretty simple to fix. You just need to get a copy of the Trucut post processor and install it in Sheetcam. When you reinstalled Sheetcam it may not have the Trucut post processor in the install. I just looked in the list of available post processors in mine and could not see Trucut so don't think it comes with Sheetcam.

In Sheetcam in the "Options" menu, go to "Machine" then click on the "Post Processor" tab, and you'll see a button "Import Post".
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by weldguy »

I would contact Sheetcam and just ask them to email you the post processor for your TruCut. Here is his Pspider profile memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=21265
mmmetal
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by mmmetal »

Thank you both for the help, it sure was appreciated. Got it up and running.
One minor concern is that one that I had been using,on the upper left corner was the section that showed the different layers and now it’s missing. How do I get that back?
WyoGreen
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by WyoGreen »

Take a look at the "View" menu. In the drop down menu are a number of different "tool" menus that you can check to appear on the left menu bar.

Steve
Precision Plasma gantry
CommandCNC Linux controller w/Feather Touch & PN200 hand controller
HT-45 plasma cutter
Plate Marker
Router
Laser

Return to “SheetCam”