Sheetcam and THC

SheetCam related questions and tips can be posted here
PlasmaWorx.com
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: Sheetcam and THC

Post by PlasmaWorx.com »

I too have a Premier Plasma 5x10 with the Proma compact 150 i cant get it to work at all been using the table for almost 2 years just recently upgraded the water bed from the sheet steel to aluminum 3/16 and the table isn't 100% flat so i decided to hook up the THC [my plasma is a thermal dynamics cut master 52] the install wasn't terrible but not as easy as the Hyperthem machines. Proma sends instructions that have a Hyperthem machine in the pics. I cant get mach3 to cut more then the first hole. it moves to the second continents pieces the plate and then just sits there. is there a setting in mach3 that needs to be enabled? besides the main screen THC toggle? are you using Sheetcam still? is there a setting/rule in there?

I moved on from inkscape the 3rd day of trying to use it and settled on Fusion360 much better program and i stopped pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to do proper measurements.
robertspark
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by robertspark »

acourtjester wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:00 am Communication
Description Communication is the act of conveying meanings from one entity or group to another through the use of mutually understood signs, symbols, and semiotic rules. The main steps inherent to all communication are: The formation of communicative motivation or reason. Message composition. Message encoding.
Lol :HaHa I didn't see this one till now
:Like
xnaron
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by xnaron »

Funny... reading this thread echoes some of my experience with the PromaSD. I am currently looking at getting a new THC. On my list is the Mini THC and Price THC. @mkingaz did you end up getting a new THC? If so what did you go with?

Thanks,
Brendin
xnaron
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by xnaron »

@robertspark your posts in this thread have really helped me out. Thanks.
robertspark

Post by robertspark »

xnaron wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:16 pm @robertspark your posts in this thread have really helped me out. Thanks.
no problems, I cannot remember what I was waffling on about it... at least someone got something from my waffle :HaHa ,
xnaron
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by xnaron »

robertspark wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:45 pm
xnaron wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:16 pm @robertspark your posts in this thread have really helped me out. Thanks.
no problems, I cannot remember what I was waffling on about it... at least someone got something from my waffle :HaHa ,
I noticed your signature says Neuron lite THC but I remember in one of my threads you said you were using a MiniTHC. DId you switch?
robertspark

Post by robertspark »

.... I've got both... can't make my mind up over them....

one operates on a uc400eth which is my dedicated plasma setup. the neuron Lite is setup on a uc300eth and also runs my mill, router and lathe

I probably should have stayed with the minithc
xnaron
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by xnaron »

robertspark wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:55 pm .... I've got both... can't make my mind up over them....

one operates on a uc400eth which is my dedicated plasma setup. the neuron Lite is setup on a uc300eth and also runs my mill, router and lathe

I probably should have stayed with the minithc
Did you ever try the Price THC?
robertspark

Post by robertspark »

no,

i started with the proma 150 thc
then bought the minithc
and then bought a neuron Lite.

I also have a Mesa 7i76E and THCAD10 too....

why.... well I thought I'd get around to doing a comparison between then.... just never got around to it.....

why end up with so many (I've sold the proma)... well I've not sold anything as the resale value I did not think would be there.... so I may as well set them all up in my control cabinet... which I have done... with the intention of using some software for some CNC equipment... along with corresponding hardware.... in the end I just run uccnc.... I've got too many other projects at present
xnaron
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by xnaron »

Makes sense. I know the feeling. Too many irons in the fire. I wonder if you might have any input on this thread I just created viewtopic.php?f=60&t=30713&p=186002#p186002

Return to “SheetCam”