SD Promo THC

SheetCam related questions and tips can be posted here
mkingaz
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

SD Promo THC

Post by mkingaz »

I was trying to learn and program some cut path rules into sheetcam today and did not realize that with the Promo it does not communicate with Sheetcam. My questions is since I cannot turn on or off the THC should I be skipping setting any rules for better cut quality? I'm still new to all this and learning as I go. Still trying to fine tune my table.

4x8 Premier Plasma flat deck table, running Inkscape (mainly), sheetcam and mach3 with a Hypertherm 45 xp.

Thanks,
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: SD Promo THC

Post by acourtjester »

the THC sends signals to the BOB for controlling the cutting after the plasma pierce is turned on. Some of the other THC have functions that are setup in SheetCam but not the Proma. The signals are Arc OK, torch up, and torch down. The G-code starts a cut operation and after the pierce an Arc OK signal tells Mach to continue the cutting, then the arc voltage signals Mach to move the torch to maintain a given voltage. I would leave the cut path rules alone until you get a better understanding of the cutter sequence from state to finish.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
robertspark
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: SD Promo THC

Post by robertspark »

The PROMA SD works differently...
2019-12-05 14_47_31-THC compact SD (Step Dir PID generator).png
It is a self contained THC that will directly control the Z-axis....

The problem with the SD is you have no way to inhibit THC (i.e. path rules WILL NOT control the SD)

The SD will work when it detects an ARC-OK signal from the voltage it senses and the voltage setpoint within the SD which you manually input.

Sheetcam cannot control the SD in any way shape or form..... unless you have a means to control the voltage being fed into the SD from the plasma cutter that is....

https://www.proma-elektronika.com/compa ... generator/

https://www.proma-elektronika.com/downl ... csd_en.pdf

Return to “SheetCam”