Software issues

SheetCam related questions and tips can be posted here
Statelinetruck
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Software issues

Post by Statelinetruck »

Can someone help me I have an issue in mach 3 but think it's a setting issue in sheetcam the torch set at zero on z axis will not pick up when told to cut it drags torch from home point too the start point and the it plunges twice before doing a touch start someone please help. I can send video of issue if someone can help
WyoGreen
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: Software issues

Post by WyoGreen »

Sounds a bit like your rapid clearance distance may be set wrong in Sheetcam. In Sheetcam go to Options --> Job Options--> Material tab. Look at the "Rapid Clearance" box toward the bottom of the tab. It should be set to how far above the material you want be when you travel between cuts. If that's not it, we may have to look at what post you are using.

Steve
Precision Plasma gantry
CommandCNC Linux controller w/Feather Touch & PN200 hand controller
HT-45 plasma cutter
Plate Marker
Router
Laser
Statelinetruck
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Statelinetruck »

My rapid clearance is set at 1.5 is there anyway I could send you a video of what it's doing?
SegoMan DeSigns
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by SegoMan DeSigns »

Statelinetruck wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 11:39 am My rapid clearance is set at 1.5 is there anyway I could send you a video of what it's doing?
The easiest way to deal with videos is to post them on YouTube (free) then send or post the link. They can be public or private if you do not want the world to see them.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

You can also use the Google drive, you get 15 Gig for free, you can send a link to someone's email address for them to download the files/video to their system. And they also have an link address you can make public and anybody can then view/download. Except for Yahoo email address for some reason they don't play nice. For $2. a month you can get 100 Gigs, very easy to upload, remove/delete and send links. To upload you name a folder on the Google drive and then drag folders/files/videos to that folder and it then can be sent or viewed.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT

Return to “SheetCam”