SheetCam Cannot do g1 with zero Feed rate error

SheetCam related questions and tips can be posted here
dkerr
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

SheetCam Cannot do g1 with zero Feed rate error

Post by dkerr »

Greetings, thanks in advance for your help, one and all...

About 20 cuts ago I had the original problem. After modifying a cut in sheet cam I ran the post processor. When trying to load it into Mach3, it acts weird during the load, stopping the shadow on the code a few lines in. IF you try to run the code, it has the error "Cannot do g1 with zero Feed rate error". IF you go back to Sheet Cam and run a simulation, it starts but then stops with the same error. If you go to the tools box, the feed rate is set to 50 ipm.
Last week when it happened for the first time, I deleted Sheet Cam and downloaded the newest version, and reinstalled the purchased license. After messing around, restarting, cursing and swearing, etc. it started posting correctly - I thought it was fixed.

But today it started again. All my old files cut and load ok. I post processed a new drawing today and was ready to cut, but decided to flip it to nest better -after flipping in sheet cam and reposting, I now have the error above.

I have not dug deep into this yet, but wanted to throw it out there just in case one of you guys knows what going on.

I'm gonna go try some stuff.......

thanks...
Don

4x4 Premier plasma
Up to date Sheet Cam
Mach 3
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: SheetCam Cannot do g1 with zero Feed rate error

Post by acourtjester »

In sheetcam the feed rate is shown in both the tool and the operation menu when they are displayed.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
dkerr
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by dkerr »

Update: So I am so confused.
I went back out...started loading other cuts into MAch, now I find it wasnt just that file, nothing will cut, so I shut down MAch and restarted. Now they work.
I will have to do more investigating. I will report back with more accurate details. Now I'm not sure what is the problem.
I'm only confused because when I run a simulation in Sheet Cam, it will start. But once the cursor navigates from the edge to a cut, it freezes at torch on and gives the code. The feed rate in the simulation changes to zero once it hits that spot.

For the moment it works, but I'm scared.

Thanks for your initial input, I wil try to collect more exact symptoms.

Don
Les Newell
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Les Newell »

Could you post a recent g-code file here or send a copy to me. I'll take a look and see if I can spot anything.
unclejames1
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by unclejames1 »

Any fix to this? I'm having the exact same issue!
Les Newell
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Les Newell »

Could you give me a sample of the g-code that causes a problem.

Return to “SheetCam”