Scananything camera problem

SheetCam related questions and tips can be posted here
SeanP
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Scananything camera problem

Post by SeanP »

I went for the Andonstar 2mp camera, has anyone else used this?

I'm having bother getting it to pick up on any pc, I've tried 5 so far and keep getting 'usb device not recognised' errors, occasionally it will pick up and I can get a image using the camera software, then it throws up a error again after a minute or so, I'm now wondering if it's a faulty camera?

Thanks
Sean
Powermax XP45
Home built table, Candcnc DTHC 2, Dragoncut 620-4
R-Tech 210 Tig, Jasic 250 mig
Sheetcam, Scanything, Coreldraw
Table build gallery
cbassjr
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Scananything camera problem

Post by cbassjr »

Being a pc builder and tech for several years I would say you need to contact their tech suuport.

Now saying that here are a few things:

I'm assuming that you got software to install that let's the pc identify the camera properly, that said, go to their Web site and do 2 things look at their faq page any see if they have anything that addresses the errors and also see if they have updated software to install that may correct the problem.

You can also goggle the error codes for a technical diagnosis as well as Google the camera model for problems others have had with this device.

Anytime I purchase a new piece of equipment or device I always Google it to see what problems others have had to keep me out of problems with bad devices.

Yes you may have a bad camera but my gut feeling is you are going to find out in all likely hood that it is a bad piece of equipment.
sphurley
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by sphurley »

I bought the Supereyes B005, I bought the higher resolution first (thinking more megapixels would be better) and it was too much for the computer to process. The B005 was under $30.00 delivered and it works great.
Someone on here told me that the Supereyes worked best, sorry never tried the Andonstar.
Steve
Platform CNC Plasma table
CandCNC Ethercut IV DTHC
Hypertherm 85/CPC/RS485
Miller 350P
Miller Dynasty 280DX
motoguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by motoguy »

I have the 005 Supereyes, and it works well. As the above post mentions, I almost bought the higher higher-res one, until I realized that would work against me.

Are you connecting the camera directly to the computer, with the supplied USB cable? Are you using an extension? I had to buy a powered extension before my camera would work, when mounted to my table. A regular (non powered) USB extension wouldn't work.
Bulltear 6x12 w/ Proton Z axis & watertable
CommandCNC/Linux w/ Ohmic & HyT options
Hypertherm Powermax 85 w/ machine torch
Solidworks, Coreldraw X7, Inkscape, Sheetcam
SeanP
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by SeanP »

Thanks for all your help guys, tried all sorts, it should be just a case of plugging in and usb pick up the camera, there's no drivers on the cd, cant get any help off there site neither, looks like it's faulty to me, also sounds like I chose the wrong one, just filled out a return claim, I'll go for the Supereyes.

Thanks again.
Powermax XP45
Home built table, Candcnc DTHC 2, Dragoncut 620-4
R-Tech 210 Tig, Jasic 250 mig
Sheetcam, Scanything, Coreldraw
Table build gallery
Paint Chip
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Paint Chip »

Hi folks, resurrecting an old thread on this topic. I'd like to set up one of these but I'm having a hard time finding a definitive how-to. I was planning on getting the Supereyes B005-1 Handheld USB Digital Microscope and an active 2.0 USB cable (says .3MP, interpolated to 2MP). I have an older CandCNC system (circa 2012) with an IBM486 computer and serial port com with Blade Runner DragonCut - DTHCII. Do you just use the USB port on the computer? I thought I read a post from Les at Sheetcam saying you needed a parallel port. If so, then do you use a USB to PP adapter? Are there any good videos out there on setting this up and using it? I did not see anything on Youtube. Maybe posted in a forum somewhere?

Thanks
BTA Plasma
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by BTA Plasma »

Yes USB and get yourself a powered (Meaning plug in to wall with DC power pack) USB extension cable.
Paint Chip
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Paint Chip »

A bus powered cable (active) won't work?
motoguy

Post by motoguy »

I have a bus powered cable (45-50', IIRC) that works fine for my B005
Bulltear 6x12 w/ Proton Z axis & watertable
CommandCNC/Linux w/ Ohmic & HyT options
Hypertherm Powermax 85 w/ machine torch
Solidworks, Coreldraw X7, Inkscape, Sheetcam
tcaudle

Post by tcaudle »

It all depends on the PC and how much power it will let the external device draw. Older USB ports limited the USB 5V power to a few hundred mils . That spawned a whole market for usb extension hubs and powered repeaters then the next generation s would let you draw more current. I still like a separate power source for devices that pull over 300 ma . There is also some noise immunity issues when the power comes from the PC over a longer cable.
Paint Chip
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Paint Chip »

Ok, wall powered it is. Thanks for the comments.

Return to “SheetCam”