Table Display in Sheetcam

SheetCam related questions and tips can be posted here
sbest1
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Table Display in Sheetcam

Post by sbest1 »

We've done a retrofit on our 4 x 8 Plasma machine which has me having to learn new programs.
I have read countless articles and watched many videos (love Arclights). I'm wanting to confirm
that my part is in the right position. Our table is positioned as in the photo with the area we cut
on first. Am I right with my Sheetcam part layout photo? When I point to the top corner of the layout
on Sheetcam, it shows 0, 0 However, I like to have my parts .25in away from material 0. Why is X position
showing .25in, but Y is showing -15.5602 ?? If I try to change it, my part goes off the table layout.
We are new to Sheetcam and Mach 3 now after 12 years of a different software setup.
I have been researching and learning the settings on both and working more with learning Sheetcam for
the gcode instead of Kam files from my previous software. I would appreciate any help. My mind is
exhausted from so much research. Thanks in advance!
Attachments
Capture.JPG
OurTable Layout.jpg
Les Newell
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Table Display in Sheetcam

Post by Les Newell »

The displayed X,Y coordinates are the bottom left hand corner of your part. Presumably your drawing is about 15.3" tall.
Which axis on your machine is X?
sbest1

Post by sbest1 »

Hi Les
Thanks for your response. X axis is 48 Y is 96. The largest height of the part is 12"
Les Newell
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Les Newell »

Where is X0,Y0 on your table? You need to make sure SheetCam's setup agrees with your machine configuration. Go to Options->job options->Material and make sure the origin position agrees with your machine.
sbest1

Post by sbest1 »

I went in and changed our machine and Sheetcam to have X0 & Y0 to be the bottom left position. (Like all the tutorials)
I imported a drawing that is approx 36" x 13"
Sheetcam shows the 0,0 in the bottom left of the table, but my part has the Pos X 18.056 and Y 6.51 reading which is centre points of my drawing.
If I try to change Pos X or Pos Y to zero, it moves the part right off the table. Should the Pos x & y not be zero?
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

when you load a drawing are you telling SheetCam that lower left is where to place the drawing or are you telling it to use the center of the table size as shown in the image.
position.JPG
position.JPG (28.83 KiB) Viewed 801 times
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
sbest1

Post by sbest1 »

I was using lower left. I think I found the problem. In advanced settings, I had Rev Wheel check (I got this from a video) and it needs to be set as
Use Bottom Left Coordinates. I brought my part into SheetCam and now I see everything is set at 0. Now if we can get Mach 3 and our table
callibrated, we should be good to go. Thanks for your help!
Les Newell
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Les Newell »

It sounds like you have SheetCam configured to use centre coordinates. Go to Options->Application options->Display and make sure 'Use bottom left coordinates' is selected.
sbest1

Post by sbest1 »

I had the coordinates set to the bottom left in Job Options and in Machine options (Table Display and Working Envelope) when this was happening. I went in to Options-Application Options-Display and unchecked Rev Mouse Wheel and checked Use Bottom Left Coordinates. Now it works properly. Thanks for your help.

Return to “SheetCam”