Drawing import issue? Stutters, divots on curves.

SheetCam related questions and tips can be posted here
JodiB
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Drawing import issue? Stutters, divots on curves.

Post by JodiB »

Hello! Looking for some help. Had some computer issues a couple of weeks ago and since then, my cut quality has gone down. I use a Starlab, 45xp, CorelDraw x8 and sheetcam. I had to reinstall sheetcam and corel. Now when I'm cutting, the torch has these pauses or stutters all over the cut, leaving a divot. Its been 2 weeks of trial and error...uninstalled, reinstalled corel, uninstalled sheetcam dev version and downloaded stable version, played with my drawing import settings, tried both DXF and SVG file formats (I've always used SVG) and I'm still getting the same outcome. Before you ask, consumables are new, air is clean and dry and I am a node fanatic...I remove every possible node from every file that isn't necessary. Pics show what my drawing looks like in corel (very few nodes), what it looks like imported into sheetcam, my drawing import settings and then the divots left behind by the torch. My cut quality overall has diminished as well...some arcs look choppy. Are my drawing import settings off? Are there any other sheetcam settings that I'm missing? Any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated! Tia
Screenshot (258).png
Screenshot (259).png
Screenshot (260).png
shit file.PNG
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Drawing import issue?

Post by acourtjester »

Could it be there are path rules in SheetCam that are causing your problem. Many use them to slow down the torch when it comes to corners. I don't use them for that reason I had the torch making divots each time the path rule took to over. The image of your cut part would be easier to look at if you shot it straight on. Look for path rules here.
path.JPG
path.JPG (66.3 KiB) Viewed 423 times
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
JodiB
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by JodiB »

Thank you for the response :) I only have 1 rule enabled....04" before end of cut set feed to 60% and output Code: Torch Off. It wouldn't impact the middle of the cut where I'm getting all of the issues. Just downloaded latest candcnc upgrade and latest pp...still getting same result. Latest cut...the little divots where the torch is hesitating are everywhere.
Attachments
IMG_3250.jpg
IMG_3249.jpg
IMG_3248.jpg
WyoGreen
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by WyoGreen »

You might try picking one of your "divots" and zoom way in on that area in both Sheetcam and CorelDraw and see if there any small anomalies there. When I have odd problems like this I do the zoom in bit, and quite often will find the problem.

Steve
Precision Plasma gantry
CommandCNC Linux controller w/Feather Touch & PN200 hand controller
HT-45 plasma cutter
Plate Marker
Router
Laser
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by weldguy »

WyoGreen has a great suggestion. Also if you post your Corel cdr file as well as the svg exported from Corel we can have a look also.

I wouldn't make any more changes to anything at this point. It worked fine before the computer issue so it has to be something with the computer i figure.

Changing other things at this point outside of the computer could cause other issues and have you chasing your tail.
acourtjester

Re: Drawing import issue? Stutters, divots on curves.

Post by acourtjester »

I may be going way out here but I don't know about Corel but I use Inkscape and sometimes there are double nodes as some points in the drawing. These may cause a slight movement changes in the G-code (bumps). The way I look for these in Inkscape is looking at the nodes I see some that are slightly lighter in appearance then others. I click on them and remove them and there is another under it which I leave it then has the same appearance as the other normal nodes. See attached, now this is showing segments of the drawing that are connected which is slightly different to what I was saying but shows the different node appearances.
node.JPG
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT

Return to “SheetCam”