Tools from Sheetcam showing up as an error?

Mach3 and Mach4 questions, tips and topics can be posted here
Oldsarge
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Tools from Sheetcam showing up as an error?

Post by Oldsarge »

I'm getting reeeeeeal close now, and a lot of the problems are worked out with the table.... One that I haven't been able to resolve is when I run the post in Sheetcam everything runs good and shoots the G code directly into Mach. However, in the error screen in Mach I see the tool I created in Sheetcam as an error. I set up the tool in Sheetcam using the Hypertherm charts that came with the Duramax torch. There are also preloaded profiles that are in Mach that don't match the charts for my Duramax. Does the imported tool from Sheetcam conflict with the tables in Mach? Should I delete the preloaded profiles in Mach & create profiles that match the cut tables/tools in Sheetcam? Still tuning & testing... I think I'm close to cutting reliably, just a few more things I don't understand... Thanks for all the help!

Thanks!

Oldsarge
6x12 Home Built Table
Hypertherm PowerMax 85
CandCNC Dragon Cut 620 DTHC IV
CorelDraw X7, Sheetcam, Mach 3
"Better to attempt great things and fail than to live in the gray twilight where there is neither victory or defeat"
pertneer
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Tools from Sheetcam showing up as an error?

Post by pertneer »

From what I understand the tools in sheetcam do not import into mach. You need to set them up in mach and make sureyou use the correct tool each time you load a program. Hope this helps.
4'x8' CNC Plasma w/Water Table Running a Powermax 65 :D
CandCNC, Mach3, SheetCam, Millwrite Plasma V6
Oldsarge
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Oldsarge »

pertneer wrote:From what I understand the tools in sheetcam do not import into mach. You need to set them up in mach and make sureyou use the correct tool each time you load a program. Hope this helps.
So I take it that creating a tool in Sheetcam defines movement of the Axes and once the .tap file is loaded that the tool in Mach is what is used for the torch specific actions? Then why is the name of the tool from Sheetcam is what's showing up in the error window? Hmmmmmm...... Soooo close! The last cut I did today is getting better, but it looks like the pierce height is too high, as well as the cut height.... Almost like the tool from Sheetcam and the tool from Mach are adding together... thwe wierd thing is that the z height DRO says the torch is at the correct cut height, but the physical height looks much higher. Will also check steps and motor tuning.... The cut height during the cut looks consistant, and the DTHC seems to be working properly as well, just too high!

Oldsarge
6x12 Home Built Table
Hypertherm PowerMax 85
"Better to attempt great things and fail than to live in the gray twilight where there is neither victory or defeat"
JJsCustomDesigns
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by JJsCustomDesigns »

I use sheetcam and mach3... I have all my tools made in sheetcam. Once i post to mach3 i hardly ever choose a tool profile in mach3. Everything should in the G-Code already from Sheetcam. Right?

Maybe Im doing something wrong :?
"There are bigger things planned for you in your life, be patient"

Im on the prowl for a good used Hypertherm Plasma with hand torch.
PM me with details
Thanks
Oldsarge
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Oldsarge »

JJsCustomDesigns wrote:I use sheetcam and mach3... I have all my tools made in sheetcam. Once i post to mach3 i hardly ever choose a tool profile in mach3. Everything should in the G-Code already from Sheetcam. Right?

Maybe Im doing something wrong :?

That's what I thought.... So if I make a tool in Sheetcam, and it's the correct information for the thickness, type, pierce height, cut height, ipm and so on, why would Mach give me a tool error? I mean, most of the file cut ok considering, but there's still issues, and this is just one of them.... But the list is shrinking!

Oldsarge
6x12 Home Built Table
Hypertherm PowerMax 85
tirediron
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by tirediron »

I aslo use Sheetcam and Mach3 for table (PlasmaRoute 4x4). I set up the tool for Sheetcam and then I duplicate that feature using the cut profile button on Mach3. I make sure that I use the same profile in both Sheetcam and Mach3.

G
BTA Plasma
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by BTA Plasma »

Mach may give you an error if your not using the correct post profile. What profile are you using? Also Sheetcam comes with a rapid clearance plane of .196 IIRC it needs to be changed.

Return to “Mach3 & Mach4 CNC”