Help! Mach tool path?

Mach3 and Mach4 questions, tips and topics can be posted here
Charlene
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Help! Mach tool path?

Post by Charlene »

Okay, I am new to all of this so I need some help. After running the post proc in Sheetcam and importing the code into Mach , Mach only shows part of the design. It doesn't matter if it is 1 layer or more. What am I doing wrong? Please ask me for any info that you need. Thanks! :?
JJsCustomDesigns
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Re: Help! Mach tool path?

Post by JJsCustomDesigns »

Do you have all your tool pathing active? Like you might have clicked on one and turned it off by mistake. There is a Check Mark by the active tooling - and an X by the not active.

Ive had problems where my drawing had open paths. Seemed like everything was fine in SheetCam but only part of the design would show up in Mach3. Maybe double check your paths and see if you have a break.
"There are bigger things planned for you in your life, be patient"

Im on the prowl for a good used Hypertherm Plasma with hand torch.
PM me with details
Thanks
Charlene
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Charlene »

Okay, thought I knew where to find that, but I guess I was wrong... Where will I find that? Thanks for your help.
eggauto
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by eggauto »

Charlene do you have the full version of mach or just the trial version ?
Charlene
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Charlene »

I assume that is the full version. It came with my Bulltear table. How can I check?
eggauto

Post by eggauto »

The trial version will only upload so many lines of g code I forget what the limit is but the full version will say it is licensed to you its been awhile since i purchased mine but ifs remember correctly I had to enter a license number online to download the full version.
Charlene
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Charlene »

Thanks, that does seem to be what the problem is. I have the license but it is still listed as a Demo version. I am working with Matt at Bulltear to figure it out. I will check back tomorrow if that doesn't fix it.

Thanks again everybody.
muzza
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by muzza »

Charlene,
I'm not sure what manuals Matt provides with the table but as he uses CandCNC electrics I assume it probably incorporates Toms manual. If so Tom has just released his new Bladerunner manual, if you haven't got it go to http://www.candcnc.com/manuals.htm and download it. It's heaps better than the old manual and should help you work out how to fix your problems.
Murray
I Lean
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by I Lean »

You probably have a disc that has your licenses on it. Find the license file, copy and paste it into the right spot in the Mach folder, and it should show up when you start Mach back up.

I'd have to look at my license disc to remember exactly where in Mach you need to copy it--but there's a text file on the same license disc with the easy instructions.
Charlene
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Charlene »

Yeah, it turns out that I had the license loaded correctly but for some reason the .dat file had a bunch of numbers after it. As soon as I removed those numbers everything operated perfectly. Thanks to everyone for their input. I have now cut my first piece and it was fairly involved!! 8-)

Charlene

Return to “Mach3 & Mach4 CNC”