mach3 setup

Mach3 and Mach4 questions, tips and topics can be posted here
chevyguy55

mach3 setup

Post by chevyguy55 »

I'm very new to cnc. Have a plasma table I build from a camcutcnc kit with a Lincoln's 25 plasma cutter. At first I was able to cut several of the sample gcodes using mach3 that came with kit Then got sheetcam to try some dxf files that's when everything went to sh...... :somehow I've change configuration in mach3 first while loading gcode the screen went to a blank screen.when I finally got back to main screen the lights next to x,y,z,and a wouldn't turn green.Again I was able to get X,Y,Z to turn green but not A.Now when after loading gcode and starting cycle it stops at M3 if I hit start again the gcode resumes but not the plasma.
I think M3 must turn on or off plasma cutter.This is how new I am don't know g or m codes and other term of the industry (e i DRO'S ,THC,AND WORK OFFSETS to say a few)
CAN ANYONE MAKE SENSE OF MY PROBLEM AND HELP
THANKS SO MUST
fab-man
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: mach3 setup

Post by fab-man »

Have you tried loading and running some of the sample gcode files that came with your kit. Since they worked before I am curious to see if they still do.

If all else fails try doing a Windows system restore to a date prior to running Sheetcam files.

Fab-man
chevyguy55

Post by chevyguy55 »

fab-man
I tried that first thing but no good.I've got mach3 reinstalled but haven't tried it yet
thanks for the reply
fab-man
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by fab-man »

That may work however Windows registry may have still retained the previous "non functioning" setting. Depends on how Mach 3 is designed.

I am no pro but in the past I have been able to solve issues like this with the Windows System Restore as I mentioned earlier. It will change the registry setting back to the way they were the day that you selected for the restore date.

Good luck, let us know how it works out in case someone else has an issue like this in the future.

Fab-man
chevyguy55

Post by chevyguy55 »

hey folks I found my problem.DA. THE PROGRAM WASN'T LICENSED
THANKS FOR HELP!!!

Return to “Mach3 & Mach4 CNC”