g23 and g25 codes in mach 3

Mach3 and Mach4 questions, tips and topics can be posted here
Paulinoz
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

g23 and g25 codes in mach 3

Post by Paulinoz »

Hi folks I have downloaded the 72 chevelle(big thanks for file) for my first full auto cut on homemade plasma table here in Oz using Candcnc ESP11 with pwermax 85. Post processor checks then sends to mach 3, But when I run the gcode it comes up with unknown gcode line 11 wich is g23. have tried another file and it picks up g25. In mach manual it has no listing for these codes, Any help would be greatly appreciated as im dying to finally see this thing chop up some steel.
Thanks Paul
WSS
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: g23 and g25 codes in mach 3

Post by WSS »

Paul, Make sure you have the right post processor selected for export. A G25 and G23 sounds like you have a dynatorch post selected instead of mach in sheetcam. CandCnc/mach3 uses a touch off of the torch and backs up ("0" on the dro), the dt uses force feedback ( start to search G25) and stalls the motor to sense the material and retract up to "0" when a G23 is ran.

Just a possibility.

WSS
Paulinoz
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Paulinoz »

Thanks wss for your reply, please excuse my ignorance but i can't find where in sheetcam the options are for mach instead of dynatorch post processor. Will keep searching , if you could point me in the right direction hat would be great.
Paul
ps in sheetcam i have the icon on that says signal mach when post complete
WSS
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by WSS »

Paul, I am sorry but I have never ran sheetcam. And the truth is I have never ran Mach3. I have a Dynatorch that we are converting over to a CandCnc PlazPak that runs mach3 right now as we speak. I hope to have it up and running by Monday. I have bit off quit a bit.
LOL

There are quit a few guys here who run sheetcam and Mach3 already that might be able to help.

WSS
Paulinoz
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Paulinoz »

Well wss even though you are completely unfamiliar with both programs , you were the only person to reply. i removed all
of the g23 and g25 lines and the picture came up in mach 3 . Ran it but had no dthc. i give up . will try and find someone in Australia that is familiar with sheetcam and mach 3. if no luck here its off to states to get some education before I drive a screw driver through this monitor ;)
WSS
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by WSS »

Paul, If you go to candcnc.com and find the support link, you can join the support forum there and probably find your answers. There is a ton of great info there. Mach3 training is really not available for what we are doing, at least not that I have found. Same for sheetcam. Your question might get a response over at cnczone.com in the plasma and waterjet section too. Plasmaspider is starting to expand to the builds and technical but is primarily a drawing and sharing forum, that is probably the best out there. Once you get your post maker squared away, you will find lots of FUN stuff here.

WSS
vmax549
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by vmax549 »

What model Unit do you have the older MP1000 or the newer Mp3000?

In Scam you would go to the OPTIONS tab then Machine, then Post Processor. At that point you wopul dselect the proper POST based on the what you have either a MP1000 or the MP3000.

You would then need to edit the post and input the switch standoff setting that your unit uses.

IF you do not have the floating head then you need to use a Post/model that does not requiire it.

Hope that helps, (;-) TP

Return to “Mach3 & Mach4 CNC”