Crashed and now problems

Mach3 and Mach4 questions, tips and topics can be posted here
bigbearzfan
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Crashed and now problems

Post by bigbearzfan »

Looking for some help.
This evening I was cutting some 14ga. Started the cut and went to my other building to work on some powder coat. Came back about 20 minutes later the torch was firing on and off and it had dove into a letter cut out and drug the sheet. I turned the torch off put the machine in feed hold jogged the z axis up and out of the way, then when to the diagnostic screen and moved the x and y to 0. I went to restart the cut and nothing happened. I noticed the motors would just sit there with a thumping noise. I shut everything down, brought it back up now it wont come out of reset. I have the down light lit the arc OK and up light are flashing as well as the reset. On the diagnostic page on the input status the torch down is on and the A home are on. The torch up, arc ok, X home, Y Home, Z home and Emergency lights are flashing. The Raw Port input bits all 5 of the large lights are flashing.
Its an older Mach 3 set up from about 2012.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks
robertspark
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Crashed and now problems

Post by robertspark »

Mach3 is just the software... Going to need a bit more info.... What stepper motor drives?

Do they have stall protection and require a reset?

I have set mine to automatically reset alarms when the estop is pressed in and reset (it toggles the enable signal)... But that is specific to my drives as a drive setup option via software
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

From your statement of the arc OK and up/down lights on, you have a THC, and other lights on too. It could be you blew some of the electronics with the torch firing randomly. You should have had safeties like a floating head switch to shut things down.
What table and what electronics are you using, remember helpers are not standing next to you to see whatt is going on.
The Raw Port input bits all 5 of the large lights are flashing this makes no sense to me
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
bigbearzfan
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by bigbearzfan »

Its a precision plasma gantry with a home built table with a blade runner system and 640 stepper motors. DHTC IV
robertspark

Post by robertspark »

Tom from candcnc should be along shortly to help
(mind you I see he has not been active on here for a little while...
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=12035)

You could ask on the candcnc forum too
http://www.candcnc.net/supportforum/

he would probably be your best bet for flashing lights diagnosis of the candcnc system (I'd just be guessing even if I read their manuals)

Return to “Mach3 & Mach4 CNC”