Limit switch truggers

Mach3 and Mach4 questions, tips and topics can be posted here
AmityvilleCnc
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Limit switch truggers

Post by AmityvilleCnc »

I was running my plasma with 14 gauge and making cuts perfectly then I switched to 10 gauge media just mean and she can and now my plasma will cut for three seconds then stop and say I’m hitting motor limits X++ Y - -
I’m running Mac4 with a hypertherm 45 XP.....any ideas?
robertspark
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Limit switch truggers

Post by robertspark »

I've got back ache, any ideas :HaHa

...... May need a bit more info.... Like what the limit switches are???? Microswitches, inductive???

What voltage do they run at (5v, 12v, 24v?.... 5v is bad for noise as in my limited experience it's quite easy to affect a 5v signal with noise / inductance.... 24v in my experience is much more difficult)

From the three bits of info you've given ....
It's probably not the change in steel thickness (unless your torch is too high....... Arc stretch.....)
It's probably not mach4
It's probably not the pmx45...

It is however probably electrical noise / inductance.....
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Limit switch truggers

Post by acourtjester »

This is a common problem, without enough info it not possible to get help, everybody does not own the same table.
Setting in the software are different, electronics are different, most important is the person who is trying to help is not in the room with you.
Remote troubleshooting requires as much info as possible or it will not work. Look over posts in the past and you can see sometimes it take a few members helping out or many back and forth communications to resolve a problem. Some get the help and then disappear without a reply to let people know its fixed.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT

Return to “Mach3 & Mach4 CNC”