Mach 3 stopping at end of cut

Mach3 and Mach4 questions, tips and topics can be posted here
Alabass
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Mach 3 stopping at end of cut

Post by Alabass »

Lately, while running jobs using Mach 3, the torch stops at the end of a cut and I have to hit "Run" again to continue to the next cut. Last night I cut a "Tree of Life" which had 86 pierces and I probably had to hit the "Run" switch 2 dozen times to complete the job because Mach 3 would stop the torch at the end of individual cuts. Seems like it just started doing this recently. Don't know of any changes that might have caused this.

Any ideas?
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Mach 3 stopping at end of cut

Post by acourtjester »

Did you change the Post Processor, Mach does what it is told. Did you look at the G-code when it stopped to see what command it stopped on an M0 that will be a planned stop there may be others too. If it stopped without an error then its G-code.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Alabass
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Alabass »

I haven't changed Post Processor. I'll take some notes next time so I can share the code with you.
robertspark
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by robertspark »

If you have M3 + THC active in mach3 it it looses the arcok signal it will stop motion.... M5 cancels this / ignores the THC + Arcok signal.... Post a section of your gcode please

If you are precious about it delete a chunk of code out of the middle as it is only the start and ends of the cuts that are of interest and the very beginning of the code (the initialisation bit of the gcode)

Return to “Mach3 & Mach4 CNC”