Mach 3 trouble

Mach3 and Mach4 questions, tips and topics can be posted here
vittonej
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Mach 3 trouble

Post by vittonej »

I have been having trouble with certain files,
when I load a file into sheet cam the part says it is 24x 40 inches then I load it into Mach 3 and the part cuts almost double the size,
One more thing is some of my files have been drawn in Plasma Cam, and exported to DXF, but if I take a file from Solid Works, and load into Sheet Cam then Mach 3, I don't have trouble, but a DXF should be a DXF, but if I load from Plasma Cam or from Files I have From Plasma Cam I am having issues, So could I be having troubles from the software or am I just having MAch 3 Issues
sphurley
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Mach 3 trouble

Post by sphurley »

You can look at the G-code and see if the code says to move 10 inches or 20 inches. That will tell you which is off. (I'm betting importing into SC)
You can also do a midi command line where you test the movement in Mach by telling it to move X (or Y or Z) a number and then see how far it really moved.
Steve
Platform CNC Plasma table
CandCNC Ethercut IV DTHC
Hypertherm 85/CPC/RS485
Miller 350P
Miller Dynasty 280DX
vittonej
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by vittonej »

Update, all of my parts are half steps, I took my caliper set it to 2.5 inches and Attached a laser on the torch, I moved the torch to the caliper and it said 1.250 and the torch moved 2.5 inches. But I am not sure on the program setting for Mach to set motor functions, how to make the changes to set this.
vittonej
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by vittonej »

But what is really different is the z is still right on just the X and Y controls.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

If you are wanting to recalibrate your table this is done with the steps per calibration
Here is a video on how to do it but he is saying both his X and Y axis are the same do each one separately I repeat the steps for each about 3 times going longer each time. Once you get one done do the next one 3 times and you should be ok His screen may look different but the action he talks about are correct.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CEusS3525I
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
vittonej
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member