Error in Mach 3 - HELP!!!

Mach3 and Mach4 questions, tips and topics can be posted here
oldmountaincrafts
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Error in Mach 3 - HELP!!!

Post by oldmountaincrafts »

I'm using Sheetcam to generate my gcode and Mach 3 to cut on the LDR plasma table. I've had this error a few times and it seems to be when I've chosen "no offset" in the file. I get an error that reads "radius to end of arc differs from radius to start line 234". I can't figure out what the issue is. The computer I'm using isn't connected to the internet, so there hasn't been any updates that would have screwed anything up. I haven't changed anything in my config files in the software. I'm at a total loss and need to get some things cut. Any suggestions please?????
LDR Motionsystems 4x4 plasma
Hypertherm 45
Laser 4 X 4
Full woodshop
WyoGreen
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: Error in Mach 3 - HELP!!!

Post by WyoGreen »

I've seen this happen before, but I'm not real sure I remember what it was. It seems like it was an error in the G-code post from Sheetcam. I bet if you look at line 234 in the g-code file you'll see that the command to cut the arc is formatted wrong, or something in that neighborhood.

I'll keep thinking about it, but that's the best I have for now.

Steve
Precision Plasma gantry
CommandCNC Linux controller w/Feather Touch & PN200 hand controller
HT-45 plasma cutter
Plate Marker
Router
Laser
KIDTech
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by KIDTech »

I get that all the time when I stop a cut mid code. All I do is Rewind (CTRL + W), go back to the last M05, set that line, run from there and hit go. For me this fixes the issue.
DIY 5x10 v rail, rack and pinion
Gecko g540
Pm65 - aka game changer
Longevity ForceCut 42i is sitting on the shelf
Proma THC
ACAD, SheetCam, Mach3
Millermatic 211
NEW HORSE IN THE STABLE:
4'x8' LDR downdraft w/a scribe
Milltronics Partner 2 CNC mill
oldmountaincrafts
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

WyoGreen wrote:I've seen this happen before, but I'm not real sure I remember what it was. It seems like it was an error in the G-code post from Sheetcam. I bet if you look at line 234 in the g-code file you'll see that the command to cut the arc is formatted wrong, or something in that neighborhood.

I'll keep thinking about it, but that's the best I have for now.

Steve
Thanks Steve! I've looked at that stinkin' line and can't make heads or tails as to what might be wrong. I'm lost!! Thanks for the reply and thanks for thinkin' about it some more!!
Hypertherm 45
Laser 4 X 4
Full woodshop
oldmountaincrafts
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

KIDTech wrote:I get that all the time when I stop a cut mid code. All I do is Rewind (CTRL + W), go back to the last M05, set that line, run from there and hit go. For me this fixes the issue.

It won't even start cutting. It gives me the error as soon as I load the g-code. What's strange is that in the preview box it doesn't show anything at all, nothing, nada, zip, zero! It's very strange. But if I go back to Sheetcam and uncheck the "no offset" operation, leave inside offset and outside offset to cut, resend the g-code and open in Mach 3, it does fine. It obviously has something to do with the no offset, but I've never had an issue before.

Any other help is greatly appreciate.
Hypertherm 45
Laser 4 X 4
Full woodshop
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

Have you tried to reload SheetCam, Just put your license where you know it is and delete sheetcam and download it again and reinstall and the add your license.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
oldmountaincrafts
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

That was going to be 1st on my list in the morning. This is a very new problem that's only happened a time or two, but not all the time. Not sure what could have went wrong since this particular computer isn't connected to the internet to be compromised. Thanks for the tip, I'll do that in the morning!
Hypertherm 45
Laser 4 X 4
Full woodshop
Old Iron
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Old Iron »

Have you updated to the new 6.0.15 version of Sheetcam?
oldmountaincrafts
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

No, I was told when we bought our cutter that we shouldn't update unless they let us know. I'm guessing I can just Google to find the update?
Hypertherm 45
Laser 4 X 4
Full woodshop
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

So you understand SheetCam will update itself IF you are connected to the internet when you use it.
What happens when you start SheetCam you will get box message "sheetCam has an update" and you click on OK and it does the update. Maybe 45 seconds and then it starts up the new SheetCam. There dose not seem to be any regular time frame just when they find a bug or a better way to run it.
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
oldmountaincrafts
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

This computer isn't connected to the internet. It's a desktop out in our shop to just run the plasma table. I should be able to put the update on a jump drive and install it though.
Hypertherm 45
Laser 4 X 4
Full woodshop
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

Yes sir if the web site has the current last update. Another option is to get a USB wifi stick and plug it into the shop PC for a direct update, if you have wifi near by. one like this
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/tp-link-wir ... Id=2080021
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
oldmountaincrafts
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Thanks I wasn't even aware there was such a thing? Our shop computer doesn't even have a modem or wireless card so this should solve that problem. Much appreciated!
Hypertherm 45
Laser 4 X 4
Full woodshop
WyoGreen
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by WyoGreen »

I'm using Sheetcam to generate my gcode and Mach 3 to cut on the LDR plasma table. I've had this error a few times and it seems to be when I've chosen "no offset" in the file. I get an error that reads "radius to end of arc differs from radius to start line 234". I can't figure out what the issue is. The computer I'm using isn't connected to the internet, so there hasn't been any updates that would have screwed anything up. I haven't changed anything in my config files in the software. I'm at a total loss and need to get some things cut. Any suggestions please?????
If you can take a screenshot of the offending line and the lines before and after it, we can probably figure out what's going wrong.

Steve
Precision Plasma gantry
CommandCNC Linux controller w/Feather Touch & PN200 hand controller
HT-45 plasma cutter
Plate Marker
Router
Laser
dhelfter
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by dhelfter »

This problem was do to having an over cut on the open entities.

Dan
Ldr
oldmountaincrafts
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Thanks Dan!!! Hadn't had a chance to get back on here and update the post. I then ran into another issue that I emailed you about. I found a work around by your great videos on your website, but I still have to fix the problem. It was acting all around weird. I did the troubleshooting videos for communication issues, torch not cutting and not firing. I ended up having to go to manual and torch height (?) off and then everything cut great. I still can't get the power light on my HUB to come on though. Thanks for being so great!
Hypertherm 45
Laser 4 X 4
Full woodshop

Return to “Mach3 & Mach4 CNC”