Torch not firing

Mach3 and Mach4 questions, tips and topics can be posted here
tylerg
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Torch not firing

Post by tylerg »

Hey everyone, hope i can get some insight here I've been looking for the answer for a week and haven't got it working so figured this is my next step. I've rebuilt my table and upgraded to a G540 BOB/Driver, and PRoma 150THC to go with Mach 3 and Sheetcam.

I've got the motors and THC all running fine at this point but i cant get my torch to fire. Ive got a 48V PS hooked up to the g540 and to 48V 10amp relay board, I have pin 17(pin 5 on 540) set up as my output which is connected to my relay but when when i hit torch on/off nothing happens, if i take a 48V off the PS and hit the relay the plasma fires like it should. I've tried installing the gecko profile but that doesn't work either.

I'm fairly new to all of this and slowly figuring this all out but some help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Tyler
sphurley
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Torch not firing

Post by sphurley »

If you look at the Gecko manual page 8 they show you how.
The G540 output 1 (pin5) is a sinking output. That means when you turn it on in Mach it goes to ground.
You need one wire on your relay to go to the + power and the other to go to pin 5. When pin 5 is pulled to ground the relay will turn on.
If you are using a second power supply to power the relay, you must connect the -neg ground pins of both supplies together.
Steve
Platform CNC Plasma table
CandCNC Ethercut IV DTHC
Hypertherm 85/CPC/RS485
Miller 350P
Miller Dynasty 280DX
tylerg
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by tylerg »

Ok, I will check that out tomorrow thank you!
tylerg
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by tylerg »

Finally got a chance to look at the table today and turns out i did have the relay hooked up correctly, I just had a bad connection in one of my grounds, got everything working properly now. Thanks

Return to “Mach3 & Mach4 CNC”