External E-Stop Requested Error

Mach3 and Mach4 questions, tips and topics can be posted here
Waylon80
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

External E-Stop Requested Error

Post by Waylon80 »

Hello I've got the bladerunner dthc II and I've been having a problem. It's been doing just find without any problems but I tried to cut something today but couldn't because after turning everything on I tried to take Mach 3 out of reset and I kept getting a "external e-stop requested" error. I have everything turned on and I've got power to my motors but I can't get it to come out of reset. Thanks in advance for any help.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: External E-Stop Requested Error

Post by acourtjester »

do you have a e stop switch ( one or those you hit to stop in an emergency ) (big red button top) maybe it got tripped. Most have an arrow on the red button showing the direction to release it. It should pop up and then you can reset the e-stop.
you can also look on the diagnostic page to see which switch is causing the e-stop to light. Most switches are wired in a normally closed setup so if a wire breaks the circuit is open and it will not allow the table to work.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Waylon80
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Waylon80 »

acourtjester wrote:do you have a e stop switch ( one or those you hit to stop in an emergency ) (big red button top) maybe it got tripped. Most have an arrow on the red button showing the direction to release it. It should pop up and then you can reset the e-stop.
you can also look on the diagnostic page to see which switch is causing the e-stop to light. Most switches are wired in a normally closed setup so if a wire breaks the circuit is open and it will not allow the table to work.
No I don't have a button switch. I've always just used reset inside Mach. Attached is a pictures of my diagnostic screen. One thing I have noticed is that my y homing led is lit up and I don't even have homing switches for my X and y. I only have a homing switch for my z. Could that be causing my problem?
Attachments
image.png
image.png
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

yes have you tried to activate the switch while watching the light, I you know you are moving the switch and it does not change wither the switch is bad or a broken wire between it and the control. you could also go into mach to the ports and pins location and find the Z home post and set it to zero to see the the light goes out. again that will tell you if that is what is turning the light on.
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Waylon80
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Waylon80 »

acourtjester wrote:yes have you tried to activate the switch while watching the light, I you know you are moving the switch and it does not change wither the switch is bad or a broken wire between it and the control. you could also go into mach to the ports and pins location and find the Z home post and set it to zero to see the the light goes out. again that will tell you if that is what is turning the light on.
Ok thanks but it's not my z home that is lit up. It's my y and I don't even have homing switches for it so with the light being in for something that I don't even have wired up I'd have to say somethings not right there. Can you explain how to turn it off through ports and pins? Thanks a lot.
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

Got to posts and pins, input signals and make sure that are no positions enabled or have post or pin numbers entered in them.
home-limits.jpg
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
KIDTech
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by KIDTech »

I ran into this, it was a debounce issue. Play with the numbers until the machine runs and doesn't get this code.
DIY 5x10 v rail, rack and pinion
Gecko g540
Pm65 - aka game changer
Longevity ForceCut 42i is sitting on the shelf
Proma THC
ACAD, SheetCam, Mach3
Millermatic 211
NEW HORSE IN THE STABLE:
4'x8' LDR downdraft w/a scribe
Milltronics Partner 2 CNC mill
KIDTech
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by KIDTech »

http://www.plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?t=15107

Here is my forum submission for this. I thought there was more to it than one thing for me. Also do the config>ports/pins>inputs, find the e-stop and toggle the active low to whatever it isn't.
Gecko g540
Pm65 - aka game changer
Proma THC
ACAD, SheetCam, Mach3
Millermatic 211
NEW HORSE IN THE STABLE:
Waylon80
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Waylon80 »

KIDTech wrote:http://www.plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?t=15107

Here is my forum submission for this. I thought there was more to it than one thing for me. Also do the config>ports/pins>inputs, find the e-stop and toggle the active low to whatever it isn't.
I tried that the other day and I was able to get it out of reset but I wasn't getting anything from the table. No movement or anything. It's like My table refuses to respond to Mach 3. One thing I did notice was when everything was running perfect when I turned on the bladerunner to engage power to my motors you could hear the motors locked down to the table ( pretty loud like) but now you barely can hear it and at times you can't even hear it.
KIDTech
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by KIDTech »

May want to start going through all the connections to the motors checking for bent pins ect....
Gecko g540
Pm65 - aka game changer
Proma THC
ACAD, SheetCam, Mach3
Millermatic 211
NEW HORSE IN THE STABLE:
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

Check the driver power supply too
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Waylon80
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Waylon80 »

acourtjester wrote:Check the driver power supply too
How do you check the driver power supply?
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

first are you comfortable going inside of the controller with power on if not don't do it.
you would need a multi-meter and would need to id the drivers, they should have terminals marked power in + and - . this is where you would attach the probes of a meter to see what voltage or lack of voltage there is.
But since you ask how to do it I don't think you should or could. Contact CandCNC since that is whose controller you have.
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill

Return to “Mach3 & Mach4 CNC”