torch off without a pause

Mach3 and Mach4 questions, tips and topics can be posted here
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: torch off without a pause

Post by beefy »

vmax549 wrote:HIYA Keith, The problem is in the M3 M5. It helps if you look in the macros and see what command is bing used to tuen on/off the torch. IF it is using the DoSpinCW() it wil definitely have a pause. Changing it to ActivateSIgnal(outputxx), DeactivateSignal(outputxx) can help most times to eleminate the pause.

M10 M11 will definately eliminate the pause as well as EOPO EOP1 . Both of these will fire the relay on the next step of axis motion.

To get as fast as possible code it this way. M10 P1 B0 (phantom axis call), This will help eliminate the electronics dwell time before it can trigger and the axis actually starting to move. It works very well for lasers that need precise timing in the fireing of the laser without delays before motion starts.

Just a thought, (;-) TP
Thanks very much Terry,

that's something I can try in my older Candcnc system. However, I'm still confused about what Toms latest ethernet system can and cannot do. I was under the impression that the external Smoothstepper system did not follow the Mach timing flaws, so regardless of what command the macro contained, there would be no motion delays. I might go over to Toms forum and see if he can straighten us out on this one.

Keith
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019
Corfabrication
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Corfabrication »

Vmax is correct on the m3/m5 As the main problem. Im not savvy enough in that department to know what or where to make a change to try something different in the post processor.
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by beefy »

Corfabrication wrote:Vmax is correct on the m3/m5 As the main problem. Im not savvy enough in that department to know what or where to make a change to try something different in the post processor.
I've started a thread on the Candcnc forum about this.

Keith.
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tcaudle »

Corfabrication wrote:Fwiw i am using the 11d post.
it absolutely stops axis motion before torch is extinguished.
For the EtherCut check with me early next week for a torch off before end solution
Corfabrication
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Corfabrication »

tcaudle wrote:
Corfabrication wrote:Fwiw i am using the 11d post.
it absolutely stops axis motion before torch is extinguished.
For the EtherCut check with me early next week for a torch off before end solution
bump for early in the week.
lol
Robert
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Robert »

My laptop crashed and I loaded Sheetcam tng . Have all loaded and working but forgot which post processor i used. I tried "plasma thc 300 g31" .When i try to cut it does not paue it goes straight to cutting and when it ends it stops over the last cut. It used to go back to starting spot.

Hypertherm 65
Sheetcam tng
ESP II with th control

Thanks for any help Robert
Largemouthlou
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by Largemouthlou »

open one of your old files in mach it will have the post processor at start of the G code.
1250 hypertherm
4 X 8 Precision Plasma
CandCnC electronics

Return to “Mach3 & Mach4 CNC”