THC post, macros??? Help!!!

Mach3 and Mach4 questions, tips and topics can be posted here
Tristar500
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: THC post, macros??? Help!!!

Post by Tristar500 »

I'm starting to think the problem may be with the PrimeWeld Cut 60.

I hooked up a stand alone voltage divider paying careful attention to the polarity, *Double checked voltage coming out of divider and checked polarity, All good showing 2.4 VDC.

Connected to THC fired and the THC went black. #$%$%!

THC is fried. :Sad :Sad :Sad

I'm wondering if the Primeweld doesn't spike on start?

Languire systems dropped the cut 60 from their compatible units due to problems.

see below.

langmuir-daniel
CrossFire PRO
Jun '21
Regretfully, we have decided to remove the Primeweld Cut60 machines from our list of compatible plasma cutters: http://www.langmuirsystems.com/plasma-cutters. The Primeweld units have become a popular choice among our user base, offering good performance and power at a very attractive price.

We have been hearing reports of FireControl freezing for quite a long time when used with these plasma cutters. We decided to do a thorough analysis of our past customer services tickets and have found that effectively all verified instances of interference have coincided with the use of the CUT60. While we cannot tell for certain, our best guess is that about 1/4 of customers that are using the CUT60 with our machines experience some type of interference problems. Normal remedies such as physical distance, installation of chokes, and use of a USB isolator have been shown to have only varying success.

As a manufacturer our goal from the beginning has always been to get people cutting in the most cost effective way forward. The CUT60 has played a role in that gateway due to its accessible price tag. However, we can no longer in good faith recommend these cutters with our machine from this point onward. For those that already own a CUT60 we will continue to do our best to support you as always. Thank you.
5X7, 6x11 plasma own design
Mach3,4 SheetCam, CorelDRAW 2020 Inkscape .0.92
Homebuilt 3 axis mill
Homebuilt 5 axis mill
PrimeWeld cut 60
Hypertherm 350
Miller Symchrowave 250 DX
Several mig welders

You are only as old as the woman you feel.
Tristar500
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: THC post, macros??? Help!!!

Post by Tristar500 »

Update:
Vender (CNC4PC) suspects I got a defective THC and is sending a new one.

I think the clincher was the fact that two multimeters, one digital, one analog showed voltages coming out the 1/50 divided pins around 2 volts = or - a half.
THC display was reading the voltage in the upper 200's and on several occasions I saw above 500. :Wow

so, hopefully the new unit will solve my problems.

A shout out to Arturo Duncan at CNC4PC and Gene at PrimeWeld. Both have been very helpful and supportive! Good people! :Yay :Yay :Yay
5X7, 6x11 plasma own design
Mach3,4 SheetCam, CorelDRAW 2020 Inkscape .0.92
Homebuilt 3 axis mill
Homebuilt 5 axis mill
PrimeWeld cut 60
Hypertherm 350
Miller Symchrowave 250 DX
Several mig welders

You are only as old as the woman you feel.

Return to “Mach3 & Mach4 CNC”