Torch turns on during travel

Mach3 and Mach4 questions, tips and topics can be posted here
Rcmcustoms

Re: Torch turns on during travel

Post by Rcmcustoms » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:09 pm

for ''Z'' steps are at 19980.70738/ velocity 13.998/ acceleration at 75. F is at 150 in the "Test" piece that I have been using. The Test piece is a simple rectangle with a 1/2'' hole in it.

Rcmcustoms

Post by Rcmcustoms » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:54 pm

acourtjester wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:57 pm
That came from the CNCzone post I'm sure it's old and that is why it did not open.
this is what I bought and I use a Post Processor for SheetCam for the Price THC I have, There are other ones that will work with this setup. https://www.automationtechnologiesinc.c ... ontroller/
You can download their software and other info from the web to get it running, they have to different looking screens you can use, I use the newer one (1.2112).
Have fun
Tom
I am about to throw this controller under the truck and start over. You stated that you went with the UC400ETH. Outside of purchacing this controller and Ethernet cable. What else would I need? Right now I have 35ish individual wires that connect the limits, motors, and spindle to this controller. I also see there is 2-26 pin connectors to plug a ribbon into the UC controller. Could you possibly give me a little parts list to help take the guess work out of buying the parts for the change over?

acourtjester
Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:14 pm

Ok you need a BOB (or 2) that have the 24 pin Parallel Printer cable connector as its input. and a 12 or 24 volt supply for power to the unit.
The BOBs have a USB connecter for +5 volts input from you computer (only) no signals used with that. All the connections from the drivers and limit/home switches are hooked to the BOB per the BOB's manual. I use a single BOB and run all limit and home switches in series (one input pin) the ohmic sensor (another input pin) and the 3 pins from the THC (arc OK, up, and down). Most BOB have signal pins for 5 motors.
The ether cable connects to the computers ether (cat 5 input) for all the signals between the BOB and computer. The kit I bought came with a connector cable between the BOB and the 400ETH, and I bought an extra. You can hook 2 BOBs to the unit if you like to have more input/output signals, I use only one BOB works just fine.
Send me a PM with your email address and I will supply you with more info.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT

Rcmcustoms

Post by Rcmcustoms » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:20 am

Thanks for your help. I was able to modify the commands in the post processor to make it do what I want each time I run post processor threw sheetcam. Added couple dwells here and there and also added another line to have the computer turn on and off my exhaust fans for the table.

adbuch

Post by adbuch » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:28 pm

Rcmcustoms wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:20 am
Thanks for your help. I was able to modify the commands in the post processor to make it do what I want each time I run post processor threw sheetcam. Added couple dwells here and there and also added another line to have the computer turn on and off my exhaust fans for the table.
Great work! Glad to hear you've got your problem solved.
David

Return to “Mach3 & Mach4 CNC”

Industry Pros use FastCut CNC