Thc3t-02

Mach3 and Mach4 questions, tips and topics can be posted here
Mohammadenrx
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Thc3t-02

Post by Mohammadenrx »

Hi all ...
am a little bit frustrated 😞 I just finished my diy plasma table 3 by 6 feet and i use pokes57cnc bob with THC3t-02 THC unit .. i was using a Chinese bob that have 4 input only.. so i use thc3t with step/dir signal and I had a lot of issues and won't figure what was the problem ? I think It can't send the arc ok signal so I change the controller to pokes57cnc so i can able to switch to up/down signal... and i did everything just like it should... and still it can't control the z axis during the cut operation with g code loaded ... I don't now were the problem is .. and the manual for the thct is not that clear ... so there is a external relay with 24 power supply in the daigram output signal ?!! Question is how can I wire it up and the signal input to the controller there is to wire line? Were the wire come from and wire to go ?!
A7BBDB59-28FB-4373-86C7-0F9EC3E8B1FA.png

So please help...
and thank you all
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Thc3t-02

Post by acourtjester »

it depends on what software you are using I have used both Mach 3 and UCCNC and they both have 3 input signals that are needed. Arc OK (torch on) the up and down command. The need to go through the BOB to the PC and your software. There is another member having a similar problem with Pokes BOB. You also need a Post Processor that will look for the signals and respond to them. On the Mach 3 diagnostic page you will see the 3 signals and they need to light as the signals come in.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Mohammadenrx
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Mohammadenrx »

I use mach 3 software.. and I have generate the 3 signal input arc oki ( torch on ) up and down command and it's go from the plasma voltage divider through the THC unit to bob finely the pc ...but I don't know how to let the post process look to the signal and respond to them ??! .. how can I do it ? I use fusion 360 ... and in the mach 3 diagnostic page I have the 3 signal illuminated with the signal come but the z axis won't move !!
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

I am not much help with that I use SheetCam and I pick a post processor the has THC in its name. It needs to have commands to respond to the Arc Ok so it knows there is a a Plasma stream. And then the up or down signal to move the Z axis for the correct height. I would think as many are using Fusion 360 for Plasma work there may be a way to select a post processor in that program. Or maybe it only exports file to another Cam program to be used.
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

I did a little snoop on Google this may help I don't use Fusion sothat it.
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/ ... n-360.html
and
https://www.google.com/search?q=Fusion+ ... e&ie=UTF-8
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill

Return to “Mach3 & Mach4 CNC”