THC with Mach4 and Tool Path

Mach3 and Mach4 questions, tips and topics can be posted here
svieau
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

THC with Mach4 and Tool Path

Post by svieau »

I'm using Mach4, ESS with C-25 board and SheetCam I also have a Pricecnc AVHC10 for torch height control. The problem I'm having is taking a pattern out of SheetCam to Mach4. Cycle start to cut, torch comes down to probe, touches off, fires torch then continues down to my breakaway. I have looked at both my SheetCam and Mach4 for limits and they are all set within program. 0.15 for pierce height and .06 for cut height, I have no idea where I need to go to change my limits or not to let it to continue down or stop it. I have looked everywhere that has something about height limits and cannot find anything I need to change. I am using a Hypertherm 85.
Another thing I got is getting the picture of my work onto Mach4 tool path. Every time I upload something, nothing shows' up in the tool path window.
djreiswig
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: THC with Mach4 and Tool Path

Post by djreiswig »

Maybe see if your thc is coming on too soon. You don't want it to come on until the pierce is finished and the horizontal motion has started. There is probably some sort of delay you can set.
2014 Bulltear (StarLab) 4x8
C&CNC EtherCut
Mach3, SheetCam, Draftsight
Hypertherm PM65
Oxy/Acetylene Flame Torch
Pneumatic Plate Marker, Ohmic, 10 inch Rotary Chuck (in progress)
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by weldguy »

Does it operate properly with the THC turned off?

Has this problem just started in a machine that worked fine before?
svieau
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by svieau »

What is weird is that it will not go past my THC off (M11P3) on my g-code. I have just started my table up and it was working. I did about 10 practice cuts and had no issues, probe down, touches metal, up pierce height, down to cut height then makes the cut. Now putting a pattern to cut (simple square) it would stop at the beginning of the cut just past torch on and stop at THC off. I did try to turn off the THC and I still had the problem it would continue down onto the plate right to the breakaway. I am using the codes M11/M10 to turn on and off the THC, I'm hoping that is the code to use on the AVHC10 height control? I also tried to erase the codes on the g-codes and tried that but it still continue down after torch fires off. I don't know what to do.
svieau
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by svieau »

What I did this morning is draw up a simple rectangular loaded it onto Mach4. Then I went into the codes and took out all of the commands for the THC on/off and it worked. The cutout too fast so I slowed the feed down and it cut it out. I don't know what commands to use for the path rules to turn on/off the THC or anti dive into my corners or holes. I am already using M62/M63 for torch on/off and that works fine. The Pricecnc manual dose say to use the code M11/M10 to turn off/on of the THC.
robertspark

Post by robertspark »

M11/M10 are mach3 only codes
M11 = on
M10 = off

uccnc uses M10/M11
M10 = on
M11 = off

mach4 and linuxcnc use m62/m63
m62 = on
m63 = off

all of the above codes are synchronous miscellaneous codes.... ie the operate in sync with motion.... it is best to have a motion command DIRECTLY after them
ie G00, G01, G02 or G04.....

they allow you to turn an output off and on without the machine slowing to a stop like M3/M4/M5/M7/M8/M9 etc.

however! they do require your motion controller to support such codes as they are done outside of the planner and done directly in the motion controller
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

I do not use any path rules, or start/ stop G-codes. I have done this with both Mach 3 and UCCNC software using a Price THC no problems. The THC is powered at all times with it using the delay set in the Price controller after about 1.5 seconds after the cut start operations (Arc OK).
here is a simple cut with shapes, set your Price to the voltage shown for the metal thickness shown. Simple 1" by 2.25"
3/8” steel 65 amp nozzle 65 amps power 40 IPM 124 volts

¼” steel 45 amp nozzle 45 amp power 48 IPM 127 volts
radius part for tilting table 1X2.25.zip
(730 Bytes) Downloaded 45 times
radius part for tilting table.DXF
(726.62 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
Parts cut a month ago 3/8" steel
DSCN4756.JPG
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
svieau
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by svieau »

Thanks to the both of you. Now are you saying I should not have anything in the path rules? Thanks again.
svieau
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Mach4 and Tool Path

Post by svieau »

How do I get the picture into my tool path to see what I am cutting. Every time I upload a part into Mach4 It not show the part in tool path. What do I need to do.
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

Yes It is easy to remove them, and you will still have them for later if you want to use them. In the attached images you can the box around the area when you just have "none" in and that will not use them in the g-codes you generate. Later you just go back in and select a group or single path rules to be used.
Now I Googled "mach 4 no tool path image" there are many post as to what caused that with other users.
https://www.google.com/search?q=Mach+4+ ... e&ie=UTF-8
Some said display size in Mach 4 is to small, other said video card not good enough. I used Mach 3 and here is where you can change display spects.
Something simple I just thought of if you have the background color and the tool path color the same you will not see it :HaHa
apath rule.JPG
apath rules 2.JPG
apath rules 3.JPG
apath rules 3.JPG (49.63 KiB) Viewed 586 times
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
svieau