Mach 3 THC button not working

Mach3 and Mach4 questions, tips and topics can be posted here
plasmashiner
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Mach 3 THC button not working

Post by plasmashiner »

Hello
Hope someone can put me straight on this.

I am using output 2 to turn off my torch height control.

Recently the onscreen THC button has stopped having any effect on output 2, the led lights up next to the button, but the output does not change.

My Gcode however turns the THC on and off fine. This is a new problem, the machine has been OK for some time prior.

I assume I have modified a setting somewhere by accident.

I have also noticed that I can click the THC button whether or not the eStop is activated, I don't know if that is normal behaviour?

Can someone tell me my mistake?
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Mach 3 THC button not working

Post by acourtjester »

If you are talking about the red reset button it does not care if reset lite is on or not you can still click on THC and it turns green.
Now if you did change things the will be a backup of the plasma XML file (all setting for that profile). In the main Mach 3 folder there is a file called plasma.xml ( see attached image do not change the plasma.set) and there is a XMLbackups folder in the main Mach 3 folder too. You can look in the XMLbackups folder and look at the dates and time for the lowest file. If it is a short time ago you did change things. You can delete the plasma.xml file from the main folder and then copy the last file from the backups folder to the main folder and rename it plasma.xml that should return things to the time before the change.
mach 3.JPG
mach 3.JPG (88.74 KiB) Viewed 380 times
mach 3 1.JPG
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
plasmashiner
1/2 Star Member