mach3 not loading entire g code

Mach3 and Mach4 questions, tips and topics can be posted here
mitchw123456
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

mach3 not loading entire g code

Post by mitchw123456 »

In sheetcam the simulation runs flawlessly on several parts but when loaded into mach3 it keeps skipping the first part of the code and cuts the rest. I'm about to pull out the hair I don't have! Any suggestions? for example cutting Christmas ornaments for girlfriend it will not cut the B and L in blessed but cuts everything else... It doesn't show up in the preview but sheetcam runs simulation perfectly with all letters cut.
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: mach3 not loading entire g code

Post by beefy »

Learn about the gcode in the file, then you can single step through the code and see where the code skips.

The Mach3 manual has a list of all gcodes it recognises, with explanations of those codes.

When single stepping you need to turn of THC in Mach3.
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019
mitchw123456
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by mitchw123456 »

Apparently I completely forgot about this post and gave up on cutting her letters as she got over it. Now that I'm having the issue again I have no idea what to do and don't have a clue on how to read the entire g code file. I just know what sheetcam shows and what mach3 preview shows are NOT the same.. After cutting several sheets up it decided to start giving me issues again randomly.
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tcaudle »

With no info on the machine or the POST you are using its not possible to give you any in-depth help. If it's plasma it needs a specific POST processor . If its bad artwork SheetCAM will not cut it right. Bad G-code is typically just ignored in MACH If you can't see the toolpath in MACH it simply will not cut it even if its in the SheetCAM simulation.
mitchw123456
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by mitchw123456 »

tcaudle wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:38 pm With no info on the machine or the POST you are using its not possible to give you any in-depth help. If it's plasma it needs a specific POST processor . If its bad artwork SheetCAM will not cut it right. Bad G-code is typically just ignored in MACH If you can't see the toolpath in MACH it simply will not cut it even if its in the SheetCAM simulation.
Yes this is a plasma table using sheetcam and mach3. Everything looks and acts right in sheetcam just goes to hell on its way to mach3, after sheetcam runs the post processor with zero errors. Heres an example of what is happening. Thanks
Attachments
mach3 error.PNG
mach3 error.PNG (7.54 KiB) Viewed 1154 times
sheetcam.PNG
sheetcam.PNG (21.62 KiB) Viewed 1154 times
mitchw123456
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by mitchw123456 »

I think I may have it figured out. For some reason my license isn't showing up now in mach3 and I'm thinking I may be hitting the 500 line limit..
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

If Mach3 in not seeing your license it will not show it along the top for Mach see attached, and this is the license file in the main Mach 3 folder.
On the top line of the G-code it will have the name of the file used, you may be loading the wrong file into Mach, the next line states the Post processor used to make the G-code. Post processors are not generic that is why SheetCam has some many, as Tom said if you use the wrong Post Processor all bets are off, garbage in garbage out :lol:
Tom.JPG
Tom.JPG (12.49 KiB) Viewed 1151 times
tom2.JPG
tom2.JPG (16.57 KiB) Viewed 1151 times
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
mitchw123456
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by mitchw123456 »

Sorry still fairly new to this but it was a license line count getting me. The post processor I'm using is the one done by wright cnc. I don't know if that was the problem earlier or not but I'm guessing time will tell. They did resend the license differently this time so it is actually showing up so hopefully my issues will be resolved.
Attachments
cnc.PNG
cnc.PNG (20.96 KiB) Viewed 1150 times

Return to “Mach3 & Mach4 CNC”