laptop software intallation issues

Plasmacam software related questions and tips can be posted here
rottenleonard
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

laptop software intallation issues

Post by rottenleonard »

I know a lap top is not prefered, however it is what I have and I know it has been done.
The problem I am having is getting my plasmacam software to load, I will not install unless it sees a parallel port, I bought a usb to parallel adapter and installed the drivers. I then retryed loading the software still says no dice, anyone have experience with this and know a solution or am i up the crick?
Thanks
mdwalker
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: laptop software intallation issues

Post by mdwalker »

rottenleonard wrote:I know a lap top is not prefered, however it is what I have and I know it has been done.
The problem I am having is getting my plasmacam software to load, I will not install unless it sees a parallel port, I bought a usb to parallel adapter and installed the drivers. I then retryed loading the software still says no dice, anyone have experience with this and know a solution or am i up the crick?
Thanks
A USB won't work. It requires a true parallel port. Regardless of what type of adapter you have, if it plugs in to a usb port then it is usb.
Danny Walker
Walker Manufacturing
Tishomingo, Oklahoma USA
www.walkermfg.net
SignTorch Vector Art
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: laptop software intallation issues

Post by SignTorch Vector Art »

newegg.com sells a dell gx270 for $99 with free shipping, just would need a monitor to go with it

it's a 2.4 ghz single core, 6 usb ports, serial/parallel, xp pro, small form factor

they're great for dedicated tasks like CNC

Return to “Plasmacam - DesignEdge”