PlasmaCam Design Edge & Hypertherm 600 Settings

Plasmacam software related questions and tips can be posted here
Copp3r
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

PlasmaCam Design Edge & Hypertherm 600 Settings

Post by Copp3r »

Hey folks,

I'm hoping that someone will be able to help me out here. I've just purchased the new Design Edge Software and despite having viewed the video manual, I'm still having my torch hang up and I'm blowing consumables.

Instead of re-inventing the wheel, I"ll bet someone out there has the "ideal setting" for 10, 12, 14 & 16 guage material (most of my cutting will be for 16 gauge).

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated !!!!

Personal email @ 'roger.morrow@shaw.ca'

Thanks in advance !!!!

Copp3r / Roger
zoeconner
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: PlasmaCam Design Edge & Hypertherm 600 Settings

Post by zoeconner »

So how do you like Design Edge? Is it worth buying?
BrianMick
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by BrianMick »

zoeconner wrote:So how do you like Design Edge? Is it worth buying?
Zoeconner, see this post
http://www.plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.p ... 91&start=0
Brian
Copp3r

Post by Copp3r »

The cost of the software is considerable, let's be honest. For the most part, I'd have to say that there's an improvement. The reason for my hestitation on giving a full thumbs up is simply this. I've only had the software for about two - three weeks and my computer at my shop just CRASHED ! So, I haven't been able to do any serious cutting as of yet.

The input to obtain ideal cuts appears to be better to be sure. I have had some issues with my torch hanging up but I suspect that's because I'm just back in to using my Plasmacam table after having taken about 6 years off. So, I'm rusty to say the least.

On the design end of things, one of the most frustrating issues I had with the old software was that you could get a crap load of lines going off in all directions is you had a hiccup in a drawing. That seems to have been corrected. I cussed and swore at the old software something fierce in days gone by.

Overall, while a lot of money... I'd have to say that to date, I'm happy with my purchase.

Copp3r / Roger
geo4932
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by geo4932 »

Copp3r wrote:Hey folks,

I'm hoping that someone will be able to help me out here. I've just purchased the new Design Edge Software and despite having viewed the video manual, I'm still having my torch hang up and I'm blowing consumables.

Instead of re-inventing the wheel, I"ll bet someone out there has the "ideal setting" for 10, 12, 14 & 16 guage material (most of my cutting will be for 16 gauge).

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated !!!!

Personal email @ 'roger.morrow@shaw.ca'

Thanks in advance !!!!

Copp3r / Roger
The height control is based on the torch and nozzle you are using. You need to adjust the ARC VOLTAGE SHIFT.
I would need to know what cutter and nozzle you are using to give you any advice. As far as cut speeds, look in your torch manual for a cut chart.

george

Return to “Plasmacam - DesignEdge”