Plasmacam Design Edge update

Plasmacam software related questions and tips can be posted here
JoeyD
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Plasmacam Design Edge update

Post by JoeyD »

Hey everybody,
I'm interested in buying the new Plasmacam Design Edge software update. Does anybody have any pros or cons on this new update? It looks like a pretty good software add on.
Thanks,
Joey D
Possumplasma
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: Plasmacam Design Edge update

Post by Possumplasma »

Joey,
I've been using Design Edge for almost three months now and, am very impressed with some of the advances.
I operate a Samson 5X10 table coupled with a Powermax 85 and, find it runs a lot smoother, the DHC seems to be a lot more accurate although, I think that has a lot to do with the slowing down of the Z axis speed, compared with the default settings in 3.11.
I'm not sure what the advances in cut control would be with a DHC table.
The design qualities are a vast improvement over version 3.11, especially the improved import feature which lets you import not only BMP but, JPEG & TIFF images as well.
You can then live trace the images and convert to cut paths, without any third party software.
As far as I'm concerned, it was money well spent.

Mick.
Aussie
BrianMick
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by BrianMick »

Possumplasma wrote:Joey,
I've been using Design Edge for almost three months now and, am very impressed with some of the advances.
I operate a Samson 5X10 table coupled with a Powermax 85 and, find it runs a lot smoother, the DHC seems to be a lot more accurate although, I think that has a lot to do with the slowing down of the Z axis speed, compared with the default settings in 3.11.
I'm not sure what the advances in cut control would be with a DHC table.
The design qualities are a vast improvement over version 3.11, especially the improved import feature which lets you import not only BMP but, JPEG & TIFF images as well.
You can then live trace the images and convert to cut paths, without any third party software.
As far as I'm concerned, it was money well spent.

Mick.
Aussie
I second that
Brian
JoeyD
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by JoeyD »

Thank you guys for the input! I'm pretty sure I will buy this upgrade now!

Return to “Plasmacam - DesignEdge”